Why is making Playoffs so important this season, besides the obvious fan in me? I'll explain (very long read)

aceinthehouse

I'll break this down in 2 parts. If we win & if we don't win the Philly game. Imo, it's the biggest game, since Snyder has been owner. (20+ years)

I also want to add, that I love the draft. I take vacation time off every year to watch it. I totally understand those who want the highest draft pick possible. It can totally rebuild & reload a roster if the picks are a success. From Chase Young @#2, to trading up for Montez Sweat, to landing Kameran Curl in the 7th round, to hitting a homerun with Scary Terry in the 3rd & so on. I get it! 💯

But to me, it doesn't start next year. It's starts right now! What am I talking about? I'm talking about all the culture change. The winning, the players playing to win & not for paychecks, the FA's wanting to come here to win & not to just get paid like the Patriots were so easily able to recruit under Belicheat & Brady.

This team may come out flat in the first half, but they play hard the whole game. You can see their effort on the field. They actually tackle & hit. Not Jersey grab like what I've witnessed this team do for far too long. Players out of position, no communication, loafing around, laughing on the sidelines while getting our *** kicked during the game. This has been a virus we have had no vaccine for & many want to blame Snyder for that & that's fine. But to me, it was all about coaching, preparation, practice, drafting...etc. Sure, Snyder hasn't helped things over the years by getting way to involved, but he wasn't the one coaching these guys on the field. 

I don't speak of this as only a fan, but as a player too. I was fortunate enough to  play for a team called the Pershing Generals here in my hometown. We went undefeated in my 8th grade Junior High Team. Best team i ever played for. Coach Claxton was our Head Coach. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZDughz3jMfFSTzLW9

Here's an old article (link) in our local paper from 1986, after we defeated the Cherokee Indians in the Championship game 14-6. (They were also undefeated as well up to that point) I like to believe, I was a big contributing factor in helping the team win that day. I was the starting LILB & Punter for the team. (We ran a 4-4 defense) I blocked a punt that game, that changed field position & momentum. I also had a 2-pt conversion stop after they scored their lone TD. One of the toughest & best games I ever played. 

I wanted to share this with all of you, because I know what it's like to not only be Champion, but to have a perfect season. I also know what it's like to be on a losing team. To be on a team with bad coaching, bad player morale. The desire to try, play hard every down, practice with intensity & so on.

This doesn't come from bad ownership. It comes from within....and it trickles down to everybody in the locker room. This is what we have seen & displayed for a good portion of 20 years, with the exception to a few good seasons.

This is why we need this! A Playoff birth. Lingering questions can be answered with just getting in. I don't even care about Tampa Bay or the 5th seed right now. Doesn't even matter to me right now. It's gravy after that. What do I mean? I mean that this team will be playing with house money if/when we make the Playoffs.

We have a Head Coach & staff in their 1st season here. We have Team with no official Team name & we hardly even know who's going to be our QB from 1 game to the next.

But do you know what we also have? We have the 4th ranked Defense in the NFL.

If we win= It will be the beginning of a new change for this organization. A direction we haven't seen in many years. A coach who can get the best out of his players when it counts. A young team learning to win together & creating a bond & memories that will last forever. It will also put us on a path to a great story & to chase the Lombardi Trophy. Something we haven't seen in 30 years & actually could be within reach of it. Questions will be answered & new questions will be asked. But we will know that Coach Rivera can get us there & our players will continue to inspire us as fans.

If we don't win= Then we will wonder where we're at as a team. Do we have the right coach? Do we have the right Offensive Coordinator? There will certainly be excuses, but one that can't be made is playing a team in Philly basically playing their farm system players. Even if you as a fan don't think this team is very good, how could you explain this loss? Sure, the draft pick probably falls in the top 10, but at what cost? More questions will be asked & very few answered. Will we really be just a QB away, from having a complete team? Or will the problems reside in places we can't explain, that will be chalked up to simply blaming Dan Snyder?

The fact is, this IS the biggest game in the last 20 years up to this point. We can all down play this all we want, but if this team wants to win & make the playoffs? They got to do it for more than Coach Rivera & staff. They got to do it for more than just money or fame.  They got to do it for more than just family, friends or fans.

They got to do it for themselves! They got to go out there & take it!

Cause Philly isn't going to just give it to us, no matter what you read, or the injury report suggests. 

They have to win this game together as a unit. 1 perfect unit!

Btw, I would be ok with Washington Generals. 👩‍✈️ ...

🤓