Has Trevor Lawrence Been Exposed?

One

After getting beat down by LSU AND Ohio State, do you think teams are now going to start questioning if he's REALLY worth going first overall? Like, what has he REALLY done to be warrant this hype?

No, in the sense he's still worth a high first round pick and should be a high level starter in the league for many years.  However, he was exposed if you thought he was a lock to be a generational first ballot HOFer type QB.  I personally haven't thought that for awhile.  The Ohio State and LSU games haven't changed my evaluation of him one bit.  I still think he's the 2nd best QB prospect in this draft after Trey Lance.

My list goes:

1. Trey Lance

2a. Trevor Lawrence

2b. Zach Wilson

4. Justin Fields

All 4 are worthy 1st round picks but I see only Trey Lance as a future All-Pro/MVP contender.  I have to do some more study of Zach Wilson but of the little I've seen, I'm impressed.  He's firmly ahead of Fields but I'm not ready to bump him ahead of Lawrence just yet. 

Edited by VanS

QBs get way too much blame when they're team doesn't win man. It's wild. 

Like, did you watch the game? Did you see the OL get constantly abused? Did you see the defense get beat like a drum/get no pressure on Fields? Is Lawrence supposed to be a god?

24 minutes ago, VanS said:

No, in the sense he's still worth a high first round pick and should be a high level starter in the league for many years.  However, he was exposed if you thought he was a lock to be a generational first ballot HOFer type QB.  I personally haven't thought that for awhile.  The Ohio State and LSU games haven't changed my evaluation of him one bit.  I still think he's the 2nd best QB prospect in this draft after Trey Lance.

My list goes:

1. Trey Lance

2a. Trevor Lawrence

2b. Zach Wilson

4. Justin Fields

All 4 are worthy 1st round picks but I see only Trey Lance as a future All-Pro/MVP contender.  I have to do some more study of Zach Wilson but of the little I've seen, I'm impressed.  He's firmly ahead of Fields but I'm not ready to bump him ahead of Lawrence just yet. 

What is it people see in Lance? I just don't get it. He looks raw as hell and nowhere near worth a day 1 pick. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Starless said:

What is it people see in Lance? I just don't get it. He looks raw as hell and nowhere near worth a day 1 pick. 

He has that Sandlot QBing ala Mahomes that so many like. Although he doesn't have close to the arm strength. I think a team like Carolina can work wonders for him

43 minutes ago, VanS said:

My list goes:

1. Trey Lance

2a. Trevor Lawrence

2b. Zach Wilson

4. Justin Fields

Nobody has ever been a lock generational HOF QB.

26 minutes ago, Starless said:

Skillset. He has an even better skillset than Allen and Love and both of those projects went in the 1st Round. 

(Not that I agree with Lance being QB1, he is QB3 for me)

Edited by BayRaider