Players who were mocked in the first round, but then ended up going undrafted

biggie.

7 hours ago, DreamKid said:

The legendary Tennessee trio. Cordarrelle Patterson, Justin Hunter, and Da'Rick Rogers. 

Definitely a draft "thing" I haven't thought about for awhile. 

The QB for that trio, Tyler Bray, was being mocked a lot in the first round after how his college career started.

Man, the talent we've wasted at UT due to god awful coaching.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

The QB for that trio, Tyler Bray, was being mocked a lot in the first round after how his college career started.

Man, the talent we've wasted at UT due to god awful coaching.

Who was the coach then? Dooley?

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Who was the coach then? Dooley?

Yeah. Nearly the entire starting offense of 2012 got at least a shot in the NFL and he managed to go 5-7(well, 4-7. Jim Chaney was interim for the final game after Dooley was fired and won it) with it. Sal Sunseri's defense that season...

We scored at least 30 points in 9 games that season, and went 5-4 in them...

Just disgusting.

Then Butch Jones comes along to waste a backfield of Josh Dobbs, Alvin Kamara and Jalen Hurd.

I hate everything about being a Vol fan at this point.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tk3 said:

LB Brandon Siler out of Florida in the mid 2000s

I think from round 2 on I kept rejoicing every time he was still on the board and thought for sure we would pick him

Edit: just realized he was drafted in the 7th round - but I'm still counting it

Was gonna say Siler. He was the guy I first thought of. He was supposed to be the freaking man that year.

La’El Collins was another huge story. He was a 1st round lock and slid to undrafted due to a questionable murder investigation that he had nothing to do with, ultimately.

Colt Lyerla was an Oregon stud destined for greatness. Turns out he was a complete lunatic off the field. Was routinely mocked as a 1st rounder until the stories of his insanity got out.

Idk if this counts because I was the only person I saw doing this, but I had a hard 1st round grade on Essang Bassey. He’s the only guy since I started doing this in 2004 that I was insanely high on to go undrafted.

Rodrique Wright from Texas. I thought he was gonna be a monster and was shocked when he fell. Especially because there was nothing stating why. Later revealed he tore his rotator cuff.

Edit: good old google update: he was drafted by Miami in the 7th

Edited by Chiefs_5627