Jaguars to hire Urban Meyer as HC

.Buzz

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

The best thing about this hire is going to be the "urbz going to draft fields over Lawrence" posts we are going to get between now and the draft. 

This is what everyone needs

Yep, they'll assume (even with no ties to Fields) that he'd go all homer on us. But hey:

https://saturdaytradition.com/ohio-state-football/former-ohio-state-head-coach-urban-meyer-calls-trevor-lawrence-the-best-quarterback-ever/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Urban has a bigger tie with Baalke than Day from the sounds of it. They sound pretty close going back to the Alex Smith/Utah days.

Baalke was a scout out west for the 49ers when they drafted Smith who was coached by Urban. I don't know that the two worked together or at any point, but I'm sure that they interacted during that time frame given how it panned out. 

Just now, Forge said:

Baalke was a scout out west for the 49ers when they drafted Smith who was coached by Urban. I don't know that the two worked together or at any point, but I'm sure that they interacted during that time frame given how it panned out. 

Yeah, like I said I've seen several people say Baalke and Urban have a relationship going back to those days. Definitely a possibility he sticks around if Urban is hired.

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

I hope the rumors aren't TOO hot quite yet.  Don't they still have to do their Rooney Rule interviews?  This is what makes this rule a joke.  If I were a "candidate" who is invited in for an interview with a team who everybody knows has all but hired their real coach, I would be really insulted.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I hope the rumors aren't TOO hot quite yet.  Don't they still have to do their Rooney Rule interviews?  This is what makes this rule a joke.  If I were a "candidate" who is invited in for an interview with a team who everybody knows has all but hired their real coach, I would be really insulted.  

ive seen multple tweets saying that marrone called Khasn yesterday after these reports and said it was news to him so im taking it as a hard no 

4 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Probably just the talking heads in the media trying to drum up a story.

What is Khan going to say? Lol. Not like he's going to tell him while he's still employed what he's doing behind the scenes.