Jaguars to hire Urban Meyer as HC

.Buzz

I like Urban Meyer...and I think that he could potentially give the biggest 3 year return...but I have no confidence that he would be here to coach more than that. This is a team that should be looking toward long term success with a guy like Lawrence and our current pieces. I'd much rather go Bienemy and Saleh at this point. Availability is incredibly underrated.

1 minute ago, sammymvpknight said:

As a Saints fan...Fontenot would be a good hire. Incredibly well respected through the organization...and has has had his hand in both college and pro scouting, along with working as an assistant to one of the most cap manipulators in the league in Mickey Loomis. 

From the guys we've interviewed he's at the top for me. 

• Like 1

Just now, sammymvpknight said:

A small ulterior motive is that the Falcons are pushing hard for Fontenot. Help the Jags...hurt the Falcons...seems like a huge win-win to me. 

Question is, he takes the Jags job if offered in ATL, JAX, and DEN, no?

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Probably depends on the conditions of the Jags job. We know Urban likes him- is the feeling mutual? Would he be being brought on as a pair with Urban? He'll get to pick his HC elsewhere for sure. 

1 minute ago, Jaguarfan said:

Probably depends on the conditions of the Jags job. We know Urban likes him- is the feeling mutual? Would he be being brought on as a pair with Urban? He'll get to pick his HC elsewhere for sure. 

Not in DEN, that job seems like the bottom of the totem poll from the outside looking in.

But true on ATL. One thing he'll have here though is Lawrence, a slew of picks, and likely the best HC on the market to pair with. Guess the power side of things is definitely the one unknown.

29 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

The Jags easily has the best job of those three. I am bias...but I think that is pretty widely regarded. The ability to start from scratch with an elite QB prospect, with tons of resources, very supportive and forgiving owner/fanbase is incredibly appealing. 

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

I like Urban Meyer...and I think that he could potentially give the biggest 3 year return...but I have no confidence that he would be here to coach more than that. This is a team that should be looking toward long term success with a guy like Lawrence and our current pieces. I'd much rather go Bienemy and Saleh at this point. Availability is incredibly underrated.

i rather get an offensive minded guy over saleh based on the fact we would have to hire a good OC and the good OCS almost always get hired as HCs within 3 years.