Jaguars to hire Urban Meyer as HC

.Buzz

4 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

Twitter is on fire with Jags stuff right now.. it brings a new light to Jacksonville. My concerns are Urban’s health, his ability to translate to older veterans, and how his offense is going to translate to the NFL. The major thing that I like about Urban is he is cerebral which is an underrated characteristic of a coach there is nothing more than I love more than when a coach smells blood in the water he wants to embarrass you and Urban is that. I don’t have any questions about his ability to evaluate talent, have an identity, and a plan.  Any candidate would be a question mark so there would be no lock success candidate but drafting Trevor makes this virtually an easy transition.

This isn't some slam dunk, no risk hire. I don't think anyone's arguing that.

BUT, he also presents monumental upside and the exact "type" of coach that we need. What coordinator/HC brings the type of upside (as we look right now), spotlight, and resume that Urban has?

Had we got Saleh, the OC issues with Lawrence would've been real. Arthur Smith? Eric B with his past off the field and what he was prior to Reid the past few years? Daboll (who I like) but also has gotten around and wasn't viewed too highly up until the past year or two with Allen's step up?

All would've been a letdown after Urban's name was brought up outside of maybe Daboll who'd have his own risks.

11 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah I mean it only makes sense. Why stay with the Panthers when you can play with your old coach and start to build something new? Nothing is perfect but the Jag situations is just so intriguing. 

• Like 1