Jaguars to hire Urban Meyer as HC

.Buzz

9 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I need to refrain from the NFL News thread.

Like...I'm not saying you can't dislike the hire, but if you argue Arthur Smith or someone like that would've been better with what we know than you deserve to get blocked.

There’s certainly concerns with him, but the way people get it in their heads that certain coaches with no experience at a the HC level are guaranteed to be successful meanwhile this a guy who has never failed at anything he’s ever done is suddenly just going to completely fail is just weird. 

Just now, Jaguarfan said:

How do you feel about the Linehan potential, @.Buzz?

It's not inspiring but it's a guy with NFL HC experience and I seriously doubt he'd be calling plays anyway. 

When the eff did buzz become the guy these questions got asked to.

I need my mantle back

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pwny said:

Somehow you got this to come full circle in 1 turn without knowing the source. This is amazing.

I don't know what this means but I'm pleased to please

what DO you think about Linehan, pwny? I know you are lobbying hard for some NFL head coaching experience on staff, who would you prefer if not Linehan for OC? 

10 minutes ago, Jaguarfan said:

How do you feel about the Linehan potential, @.Buzz?

It's not inspiring but it's a guy with NFL HC experience and I seriously doubt he'd be calling plays anyway. 

It'd be uninspiring imo. But there for a period after he helped develop Dak he got legit HC buzz. I think he'd be largely "fine", but with Urban in the fold and Lawrence on the way you'd think we'd go for a bigger splash.

10 minutes ago, pwny said:

There’s certainly concerns with him, but the way people get it in their heads that certain coaches with no experience at a the HC level are guaranteed to be successful meanwhile this a guy who has never failed at anything he’s ever done is suddenly just going to completely fail is just weird. 

I just cant man.

I need to just stay in here where things are sunshine and rainbows. It's makes the heart happy.

1 minute ago, Jaguarfan said:
5 minutes ago, pwny said:

Somehow you got this to come full circle in 1 turn without knowing the source. This is amazing.

I don't know what this means but I'm pleased to please

Glem used to come to me to ask about Jaguars stuff all the time, during the time I wasn’t watching the team last year. Flux then asked him why he refused to ever ask his opinion on the Jaguars stuff despite him actually paying far more attention to the on field product than I had been. Somehow you tagged him immediately after I asked the question.

As for Linehan, it just feels like a mediocre hire. He’s not really special or anything. I guess the positive is that there’s nothing he could possibly do here to get another head coaching gig. He’s here for as long as Urban would want him here. 

I have my concerns about the transition and about his health but:

Urban Meyer HATES to lose, absolutely hates it. Losing is unacceptable to him. If he can stick around long enough to see this thru(bc Lawrence isnt going to make us a contender right away) then it could be huge for our organization and thats enough for me to be excited. We're all tired of being a laughing stock