Jaguars to hire Urban Meyer as HC

.Buzz

24 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Just KO'ing the Saleh interview I presume?

I'd be all in on Saleh if he was an OC, but being as his background is in defense, he just doesn't seem like the perfect fit for us, considering who we will be taking with the first overall pick.

5 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I'd be all in on Saleh if he was an OC, but being as his background is in defense, he just doesn't seem like the perfect fit for us, considering who we will be taking with the first overall pick.

Doesn't bother me as long as he gets a good OC (which he would).

I prefer Urban and Daboll, but he's right in that next tier for me.

7 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Who cares though?

The only reason anyone should care is I guess that if he gets 5 years, 12M and is just awful at the NFL level, it becomes cost prohibitive to move on from him because you still have 24-36M tied up in him.

Or I guess if he walks away [not sure how fully guaranteed coach contracts are in that department] and then Shad signs some no name/retread to save some money until the big contract comes off.

But if you think he’s *the guy* who can turn us around? Who cares what he gets paid? 

39 minutes ago, pwny said:

The only reason anyone should care is I guess that if he gets 5 years, 12M and is just awful at the NFL level, it becomes cost prohibitive to move on from him because you still have 24-36M tied up in him.

Or I guess if he walks away [not sure how fully guaranteed coach contracts are in that department] and then Shad signs some no name/retread to save some money until the big contract comes off.

But if you think he’s *the guy* who can turn us around? Who cares what he gets paid? 

I guess...but we all know he's getting a minimum of 3, probably 4 years with Khan in there barring something catastrophic. $12M is change for Shad.

Idk, guess I'd prefer less in the grand scheme of things but if he's our guy like you said, I don't care much tbh.