Jaguars to hire Urban Meyer as HC

.Buzz

9 minutes ago, pwny said:

The GM is who the GM ends up being. But Shad will have the ability to put his foot down when needed, like if the coach was considering not drafting a generational QB, or if the GM tells an All Pro to pound sand when he comes asking for a contract extension and then alienates half the roster. 

Such a wild concept.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Such a wild concept.

Yup. If he goes much past that, we might have an issue. But all indications is that he’s just gonna be like:

- Draft Trevor Lawrence

- Pay Yan

- Don’t take Jalen Ramsey into your office after an emotional loss and berate him to the point where he leaves the stadium asking to be traded.

- No, we’re not giving Nick Foles $4M **extra per year because you think that’ll make the rest of the team like him

This is all good and literally what Jags fans have been asking for him to do for years now. 

8 minutes ago, pwny said:

Yup. If he goes much past that, we might have an issue. But all indications is that he’s just gonna be like:

- Draft Trevor Lawrence

- Pay Yan

- Don’t take Jalen Ramsey into your office after an emotional loss and berate him to the point where he leaves the stadium asking to be traded.

- No, we’re not giving Nick Foles $4M **extra per year because you think that’ll make the rest of the team like him

This is all good and literally what Jags fans have been asking for him to do for years now. 

Shad isn't Jerry Jones. I have zero worries about him doing anything more than wanting to be informed on things. And, ya know, not letting incompetent FO members jettisoning our best players...like, all owners do?

People who got all up in arms with his comments are wild.

• Like 1

As I stated earlier, I really hope we end up hiring an offense-minded head coach.  It would create a lot more stability for Trevor.  For example, Mike Zimmer has been head coach in Minnesota for 7 years and will be looking for his 6th OC this off season.  That's a LOT of new offenses for a young quarterback to have to learn and adapt to.  I would much rather have us get a guy whose offense Trevor could learn, become comfortable in, and above all, WIN with for many years.

2 minutes ago, Jaguarfan said:

I don't know anything about Scalley

I cant say I do either. I'm not exactly super privy to the college coach ranks though (especially non-HCs).

That tidbit sounds promising though. Sounds like they have a consistent top D which says something coming from Utah.

5 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

tenor.gif

Percy was AWESOME!  The only thing I'd worry about is if Laviska is up to that task physically.  I've only watched a handful of Jaguars games so far, but he doesn't strike me as a very big/powerful guy.  Percy wasn't big either, but he was tough and he seemed to have an attitude to play that way.  It ended up taking a physical toll on him too.

Just now, Uncle Buck said:

Percy was AWESOME!  The only thing I'd worry about is if Laviska is up to that task physically.  I've only watched a handful of Jaguars games so far, but he doesn't strike me as a very big/powerful guy.  Percy wasn't big either, but he was tough and he seemed to have an attitude to play that way.  It ended up taking a physical toll on him too.

Buddy you need to watch some old games from this year. That's what makes him special.

On 1/9/2021 at 2:44 PM, .Buzz said:

Buddy you need to watch some old games from this year. That's what makes him special.

Ok cool.  I'll look at him more closely.  He just struck me as a little slot guy.  I guess I totally misjudged him.

Edited by Uncle Buck

Just now, Uncle Buck said:

Ok cool.  I'll check look at him more closely.  He just struck me as a little slot guy.  I guess I totally misjudged him.

As he said in the tweet, Shenaults 230. He's bigger than either guy referenced, including Percy.

8 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I cant say I do either. I'm not exactly super privy to the college coach ranks though (especially non-HCs).

That tidbit sounds promising though. Sounds like they have a consistent top D which says something coming from Utah.

He was a runner up to Joe Brady for the Broyles Award in 2019.

Also Marcus Williams seems to LOVES Scalley. Would definitely keep an eye on Marcus Williams in Free Agency if we do hire him.

Edited by Chops013
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chops013 said:

He was a runner up to Joe Brady for the Broyles Award in 2019.

Also Marcus Williams seems to LOVES Scalley. Would definitely keep an eye on Marcus Williams in Free Agency if we do hire him.

Oh buddy,,,

Wonder if it's be a DC role or more of a DB coach. I'd be for Marcus Williams coming in for sure.