Jump to content

NY Jets BIGGEST WINNERS of this past weekend!!


Recommended Posts

For those who don't want to watch:

- Zach Wilson Declares - more QBs more options in the event we were to trade down

- Najee Harris looked good, that jump over #4 was wild

- DeVonta Smith is a BADDDDDD man, kids got wheels

- Justin Fields slinging the ball on Clemson was huge. If he can do something similar against Alabama he is going to have a legit shot of going #1. Our desirability as a landing spot looks far more attractive today than just a day ago. Free Agents will likely be comfortable for either QB and may actually have some excitement to come here. Fields seems like he has a chip on his shoulder and can handle adversity, I'd fully endorse taking him at #2.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure Fields has played himself into the conversation as to being the top pick, but he has without a doubt made the second pick in the draft very controversial.

Even if Fields throws well enough to beat the Tide, or perhaps have a second game like he just had, will not catapult him into the first pick in the draft.

T. Lawrence has lost 2 games in his college career and has shown the fortitude being under a microscope those years to continue to thrive.

The Jets at the number 2 spot are in a no lose situation and IMHO, they will draft Fields or Wilson with the second pick, not gamble on Darnold to progress even with a more talented roster around him.

The Jets would be foolish to put all their eggs in Darnold's basket for these reasons, they can't risk passing up such a strong QB class considering they still don't know if Darnold will progress or regress. 

They will not put themselves in a prove it position with hopes that he's their guy, then literally get nothing for him in year 5.

2021 will be about building around a new qb, who can give the Jets 4 more years to evaluate or succeed without going deep into their pockets until year 5.

Darnold will be traded to a west coast team IMHO the 49ers, back in California his home state or perhaps even to the LA Ram's, Goff has regressed and plays scared.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Big T said:

I'm not sure Fields has played himself into the conversation as to being the top pick, but he has without a doubt made the second pick in the draft very controversial.

Even if Fields throws well enough to beat the Tide, or perhaps have a second game like he just had, will not catapult him into the first pick in the draft.

T. Lawrence has lost 2 games in his college career and has shown the fortitude being under a microscope those years to continue to thrive.

The Jets at the number 2 spot are in a no lose situation and IMHO, they will draft Fields or Wilson with the second pick, not gamble on Darnold to progress even with a more talented roster around him.

The Jets would be foolish to put all their eggs in Darnold's basket for these reasons, they can't risk passing up such a strong QB class considering they still don't know if Darnold will progress or regress. 

They will not put themselves in a prove it position with hopes that he's their guy, then literally get nothing for him in year 5.

2021 will be about building around a new qb, who can give the Jets 4 more years to evaluate or succeed without going deep into their pockets until year 5.

Darnold will be traded to a west coast team IMHO the 49ers, back in California his home state or perhaps even to the LA Ram's, Goff has regressed and plays scared.

If there is any truth to Urban Meyer and Ryan Day as the Jags new HC, there is a very real possibility that Fields goes #1. No one saw Baker going #1, all year it was Sam - then the day before the draft we got wind Baker was going to be the pick.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

If there is any truth to Urban Meyer and Ryan Day as the Jags new HC, there is a very real possibility that Fields goes #1. No one saw Baker going #1, all year it was Sam - then the day before the draft we got wind Baker was going to be the pick.

Yeah, the difference between the 2018 draft and the 2021 draft is this year's draft has a generational quarterback talent scheduled to go No. 1. The Jags would be the new laughingstock of the NFL if they passed on Lawrence. They would suddenly make us an instant playoff contender. It is NOT happening.

There were a lot of candidates to go No. 1 overall in 2018. Heck, a lot of people felt the best player in the draft was Quenton Nelson. They were not wrong.

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

If there is any truth to Urban Meyer and Ryan Day as the Jags new HC, there is a very real possibility that Fields goes #1. No one saw Baker going #1, all year it was Sam - then the day before the draft we got wind Baker was going to be the pick.

Saw a report that Meyer himself has said on TV multiple times that TLaw is the best QB in the nation. There’s IMO less than a 1% chance he isn’t JAX bound

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Saw a report that Meyer himself has said on TV multiple times that TLaw is the best QB in the nation. There’s IMO less than a 1% chance he isn’t JAX bound

But they are old.

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

If there is any truth to Urban Meyer and Ryan Day as the Jags new HC, there is a very real possibility that Fields goes #1. No one saw Baker going #1, all year it was Sam - then the day before the draft we got wind Baker was going to be the pick.

It looks like Meyer being next Jaguars HC is real deal.  If Jaguars quickly started to interview with a several minorities after today, we would know.

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

It looks like Meyer being next Jaguars HC is real deal.  If Jaguars quickly started to interview with a several minorities after today, we would know.

I think Meyer will be JAX next HC. I just think theres nearly no chance he doesn’t draft TLaw. I think there’s no connection to the line of thinking that he would draft Fields over him besides that they have OSU backgrounds. But they’ve never crossed paths working with each other. So IMO it’s just an optimistic take on how we “could” still get TLaw. When it’s just not happening. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think Meyer will be JAX next HC. I just think theres nearly no chance he doesn’t draft TLaw. I think there’s no connection to the line of thinking that he would draft Fields over him besides that they have OSU backgrounds. But they’ve never crossed paths working with each other. So IMO it’s just an optimistic take on how we “could” still get TLaw. When it’s just not happening. 

Bobby relax lol. 

Anyway it’s no different than Kliff Kingsbury and Kyler Murray’s connection to an extent. Odds are his still picks Lawrence, Jags management will likely mandate it as well. However, we’re just saying that Fields makes things a bit more interesting especially if he blasts Alabama and lights things up during the process. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think Meyer will be JAX next HC. I just think theres nearly no chance he doesn’t draft TLaw. I think there’s no connection to the line of thinking that he would draft Fields over him besides that they have OSU backgrounds. But they’ve never crossed paths working with each other. So IMO it’s just an optimistic take on how we “could” still get TLaw. When it’s just not happening. 

I don't even use OSU connection for that.   T Law is thin enough to rethink about taking him.  Pipe dream I know.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Bobby relax lol. 

Anyway it’s no different than Kliff Kingsbury and Kyler Murray’s connection to an extent. Odds are his still picks Lawrence, Jags management will likely mandate it as well. However, we’re just saying that Fields makes things a bit more interesting especially if he blasts Alabama and lights things up during the process. 

Yeah... Meyer is impressed by Fields' all around person/player traits.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rdelaney89 said:

If there is any truth to Urban Meyer and Ryan Day as the Jags new HC, there is a very real possibility that Fields goes #1. No one saw Baker going #1, all year it was Sam - then the day before the draft we got wind Baker was going to be the pick.

As usual you are right. there is talk down here in Florida, that the Jags are very interested in Fields, also, but there is a lot of pressure to take TL. But Trever Lawrence is the safe pick.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

As usual you are right. there is talk down here in Florida, that the Jags are very interested in Fields, also, but there is a lot of pressure to take TL. But Trever Lawrence is the safe pick.

Yea I think TL will be the pick just because no GM will be blamed for doing that. If you take Fields over TL there will be a ton of pressure on that entire team.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Great stuff. 

I think the answer is Lawrence or Fields. I still love Lance, but Fields the last two seasons have displayed everything you would want to see from a QB. Dude always find ways to score. He has always been a fighter since high school. He committed and competed at UGA when they had winning QBs already. He was missing 22 players against Northwestern, still found a way to win against a coach we're considering for our job. Lost ability to run against a team people picked to make it to the national championship game, threw up 6tds. Wilson & Lance are good, but it's hard to pass up on what Fields has done. 

JD has put us in a great position to do what we really want this offseason. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...