Bills Front Office news and rumours.

Trentwannabe

With coaches and GM being fired around the league and tomorrow being black Monday,I figured this is a good place to discuss the Bills front office. Several of our guys are being considered elsewhere.

Bills assistant GM Joe Schoen: being considered Washington, Carolina and Jacksonville.

Director of Pro Personnel Malik Boyd: Being considered in Houston.

Bills OC Brian Daboll: Rumoured to be on several HC list.

I am sure Brian Gaine will be happy to discuss to Malik on being careful in Houston as he experienced first hand madness down there. 

As for Daboll is rumored to have a select couple of teams that he would be interested in where the HC position may be fired on Monday, those are the Jags and Chargers. I am not sure if this is true but if I were him I would definitely be selective as who he would coach, it separates you from being a one and done type HC or someone who can out last their first contract. With some of these dysfunctional owners it could be a big issue for future HC. I would avoid Jets and Lions, he may be able to resurrect the offense in Houston and Atlanta but the future in Atlanta can be bleak as players get older and they want to win now rather then later. Houston strapped in cap and draft picks could be an issue for the new HC going in. Jax has top pick, plethora of draft picks and the most cap space in the league going in to 2021. Chargers, have an outstanding rookie qb, weapons to help assist him, foundation on defense. Lack of oline and coaching is what did them in this year, so this could be a dream job for a HC prospect. 

Well I dont think Schoen would be interested in Jacksonville... yes they have the #1 overall pick but it seems he wouldnt have a say in who the next head coach will be. Those types of situations is what causes miscommunications within a franchise. So glad we went with Beane and McDermott... its nice to have guys on the same page for once. Chemistry among coaching staff and front office is so important. 

6 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

I am sure Brian Gaine will be happy to discuss to Malik on being careful in Houston as he experienced first hand madness down there. 

As for Daboll is rumored to have a select couple of teams that he would be interested in where the HC position may be fired on Monday, those are the Jags and Chargers. I am not sure if this is true but if I were him I would definitely be selective as who he would coach, it separates you from being a one and done type HC or someone who can out last their first contract. With some of these dysfunctional owners it could be a big issue for future HC. I would avoid Jets and Lions, he may be able to resurrect the offense in Houston and Atlanta but the future in Atlanta can be bleak as players get older and they want to win now rather then later. Houston strapped in cap and draft picks could be an issue for the new HC going in. Jax has top pick, plethora of draft picks and the most cap space in the league going in to 2021. Chargers, have an outstanding rookie qb, weapons to help assist him, foundation on defense. Lack of oline and coaching is what did them in this year, so this could be a dream job for a HC prospect. 

With BOB gone the disfunction of Houston isn't as bad so Gaines exp may not be as relevant now. 

Daboll to the Chargers seems likely.

9 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Daboll wants to go to a stable place. Will take a near perfect pairing for him to leave.

Jets arent an unstable franchise. The front office and coaching is a mess. New GM, new HC with a brand new QB of your choice would be enticing.

Got to hit your early draft picks.. Darron Lee, Dee Milliner, Calvin Pryor, Leanord Williams and Quinton Coples all 1st round busts since 2012 😐. Darnold is heading that way as well 

Edited by BillsGuy82

21 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Anthony Lynn was let go, which worries me cause I think this is where Daboll would love to go if given the opportunity.

Agreed. Has a connection and that team is loaded with talent and cap space. 

Have seen a few reports that should Daboll leave, the Bills OC position would be heavily sought after throughout the league. 

11 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Agreed. Has a connection and that team is loaded with talent and cap space. 

Have seen a few reports that should Daboll leave, the Bills OC position would be heavily sought after throughout the league. 

It may be heavily sought after but at the end of the day I could see them giving the job to Dorsey to continue the process allen has been going through. I really would like for Daboll to stay at least one more year and that will give the Bills an idea of what Dorsey can do. I know they were high on Daboll but having this type of season is probably unexpected with him being viewed as a HC so soon. 

32 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

It may be heavily sought after but at the end of the day I could see them giving the job to Dorsey to continue the process allen has been going through. I really would like for Daboll to stay at least one more year and that will give the Bills an idea of what Dorsey can do. I know they were high on Daboll but having this type of season is probably unexpected with him being viewed as a HC so soon. 

Yea I'd be disappointed if we went outside after this year. Dorsey knows the system, knows the staff and most importantly has rapport with Josh.

Hes earned the shot I feel but I trust the regime 

5 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

5 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Yea I'd be disappointed if we went outside after this year. Dorsey knows the system, knows the staff and most importantly has rapport with Josh.

Hes earned the shot I feel but I trust the regime 

I definitely think Dorsey has earned the right to interview for it and he is reportedly a strong internal candidate. But the Bills shouldn’t limit themselves. There could be several big names or up and comers with exp as an OC who could add to this offense.