Bills Front Office news and rumours.

Trentwannabe

26 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I definitely think Dorsey has earned the right to interview for it and he is reportedly a strong internal candidate. But the Bills shouldn’t limit themselves. There could be several big names or up and comers with exp as an OC who could add to this offense. 

The only issue I have on this is if you bring in a new OC, not only would Dorsey have a sour taste in his mouth he may jump with Daboll if he wants him as OC or even QB coach. Then will the new OC coming in click with all the current positional coaches? While I think you do not leave the option of looking at others continuation would be key at this point. Keep in mind if Allen continues to grow other OCs on the bills will likely be poached too. Ideally we go as far as possible this post season preventing teams from hiring Daboll and we will not have this issue lol.

23 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

The only issue I have on this is if you bring in a new OC, not only would Dorsey have a sour taste in his mouth he may jump with Daboll if he wants him as OC or even QB coach. Then will the new OC coming in click with all the current positional coaches? While I think you do not leave the option of looking at others continuation would be key at this point. Keep in mind if Allen continues to grow other OCs on the bills will likely be poached too. Ideally we go as far as possible this post season preventing teams from hiring Daboll and we will not have this issue lol.

He might. But he's been around long enough to know that teams hire guys with exp or that are deemed more qualified.Rob Boras and Kelly Skipper didn't leave Buffalo after being passed over in 2018 when Brian got hired. I can't see him leaving with Daboll. He's worked with McDermott and Beane much longer and he'd only be an OC by title under Daboll.  I could see Bobby Johnson going with him.

As for the bolded - that's kind of my point. I think that'll attract some of the best offensive minds in football to Buffalo. Guys will see it as their ticket to a HC job. Much like the Ravens DC position was from early 2000's to 2011. Continuity is all well and good but there is no guarantee Dorsey or Hall or Bobby Johnson would run the same system as Daboll. At the very least they would tinker things. Likely just the verbiage would stay the same long-term anyway. 

Right now, any offense that focuses on passing the ball is a good fit lol

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

I dont see Frazier going anywhere, leaving no stone unturned when looking at a HC. A ton more of qualified coaches ahead of him. 

I guess it depends what qualifications a team is looking for.

I think Frazier would be a great for some teams who have the talent in place but need a culture change. He also has been around long enough, he could build quite the staff. 

5 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I guess it depends what qualifications a team is looking for.

I think Frazier would be a great for some teams who have the talent in place but need a culture change. He also has been around long enough, he could build quite the staff. 

possibly but would frazier want that? Andre Johnson and Deandre Hopkins came out today bashing the organization saying that Easterby is awful and just ruins talent that gets there. Would be interesting to see how him, his new hire Nick at GM and then a HC things may get dicey in Houston where top candidates might not be interested in losing their opportunity to be a HC be ruined because they can be easily cut if they disagree.

4 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

possibly but would frazier want that? Andre Johnson and Deandre Hopkins came out today bashing the organization saying that Easterby is awful and just ruins talent that gets there. Would be interesting to see how him, his new hire Nick at GM and then a HC things may get dicey in Houston where top candidates might not be interested in losing their opportunity to be a HC be ruined because they can be easily cut if they disagree.

He probably wouldn’t. Texans are not very appealing for many prospects 

Should the Bills lose Frazier, they have 3 in house candidates who have been DC before. 

Eric Washington, Bob Babich and John Butler.

Bobby Babich is a younger coach who’s been mentioned by media as a potential future DC that is also on staff.

Steve Wilkes is an external candidate who would make sense too.

24 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Should the Bills lose Frazier, they have 3 in house candidates who have been DC before. 

Eric Washington, Bob Babich and John Butler.

Bobby Babich is a younger coach who’s been mentioned by media as a potential future DC that is also on staff.

Steve Wilkes is an external candidate who would make sense too.

Wilkes just makes to much sense here if this was the case.. 

Also since Frazier is a minority we would get a 3rd round comp pick. Such a stupid rule to have but itd be a nice consolation prize

1 hour ago, Kmart128 said:

Wilkes just makes to much sense here if this was the case.. 

Yeah Wilks seems like a no brainer. He and Frazier have a lot of similarities and I think Wilks would have the full trust of McDermott to run his defense. 

If the Bills decide to go the young fiery route, Bobby Babich would make a lot of sense. 

Brandon Beane was voted GM or the Year. Daboll was voted Assistant of the year. McDermott got robbed and went to Stefanski. While browns had success to get to the playoffs they had an easy schedule winning on 7 games where they are picking in the top 10 of the draft and had a negative point differential. McD had the hardest schedule of all playoff teams and brought the bills to division champs. 

3 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Brandon Beane was voted GM or the Year. Daboll was voted Assistant of the year. McDermott got robbed and went to Stefanski. While browns had success to get to the playoffs they had an easy schedule winning on 7 games where they are picking in the top 10 of the draft and had a negative point differential. McD had the hardest schedule of all playoff teams and brought the bills to division champs. 

Those arent official... thats just SportingNews. AP has yet to release this...