GDT - Week : San Francisco 49ers vs Washington Redskins

Ghostnote

55 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Gonna ignore you because your here acting as if the 49ers Defense is weak and hasn't played good D

they have goodcorners and a talented DL if you think will throw three touchdowns your insane .

The chiefs D isn't that good this year it's been proven so far .

That's because they haven't played good D. They give up nearly 400 yards a game and 24PPG. Stop making some silly argument about how they've played well because they haven't. They gave up 26 points to the Colts and 41 to the Rams. 

—The 49ers have a quarterback who gets rid of the ball quickly. Brian Hoyer only takes an average of 2.93 seconds from snap to pass (per Pro Football Focus). The way to combat that is to take the shortest path to the quarterback by getting pressure up the middle. Per PFF, only three 3-4 defensive ends have more quarterback hurries than the 10 that Matt Ioannidis has and Jonathan Allen has seven, including four against the Chiefs. If they can continue to get that pressure it could be a long day for Hoyer.

—When I took a first look at the Niners earlier this week I said that it looked like LB Ruben Foster, a reported first-round target of the Redskins last April, would not play due to an ankle injury. But Foster is listed as questionable and the 49ers suddenly released four-time All-Pro LB NaVorro Bowman on Friday so one can reasonably surmise that the rookie will suit up. Foster only got 11 snaps in the 49ers season opener before leaving with the injury so he is very green. But as Allen has demonstrated in Washington, it doesn’t necessarily take Alabama defenders long to adjust to the NFL.

—A key for the Redskins will be getting the 49ers to continue to struggle on third down on both sides of the ball. On offense, San Francisco converts on just 29.7 percent of their third downs, 31st in the league. Defensively, opponents have racked up first downs at a 47.4 percent clip. That’s also 31st in the NFL. If the Redskins can convert nearly half of their third downs tomorrow and if the defense can hold the line to less than a third, Washington should be in very good shape.

On 10/11/2017 at 8:37 PM, 49erurtaza said:

This game will basically be Fosters first game since he got hurt the first series of the first game so this defense might look a ton better and Eric Reid will be back too but I expect the Redskins to be able to attack our corners who have struggled all year. I would say close game Redskins 30-27. Hopefully it's a injury free game for both teams. 

With all our injuries, if this game was in SF we its most likely a loss.  Today, its going to be close if Trend can't go, because I just don't trust his replacement.  The ball has to come out fast and hopefully we have our our DL put major pressure on Hoyer.

Hey Dashing, saying Cousins is due for a 3 INT game is a little ignorant don't you think?  Maybe you want to tell us how many 3 INT games he has had in the past 2 seasons dude.  I mean seriously, last week this D gave over 300 yards passing to Colts QB named Jocoby Brissett now I know you want to believe Kirk is not all that but come on you can't tell me Brissett is even in the same league as Cousins, nor that the Colts have anything close to what we have on offense.  What I am trying to say is you sound very silly letting your hatred for this QB shine thru like this.

Archived