GDT - Week : San Francisco 49ers vs Washington Redskins

Ghostnote

22 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Shanahan chose mcnabb and Rex/Beck. I know you like to make all the excuses in the world for his poor tenure here but he had just as much a hand in it as anybody else. 

That Griffin deal has Danny boy/Bruce Allen stink all over it.  Shanahan chose the QB he wanted in that draft, his name is Kirk Cousins.  Shanahan was force fed Griffin and then had to deal with a team missing 2 firsts and a 2nd round pick because of it.  

Just now, MKnight82 said:

That Griffin deal has Danny boy/Bruce Allen stink all over it.  Shanahan chose the QB he wanted in that draft, his name is Kirk Cousins.  Shanahan was force fed Griffin and then had to deal with a team missing 2 firsts and a 2nd round pick because of it.  

I agree that Dan had a big part in the Griffin deal. However, Shanahan also played a part in it. He can say he never wanted Griffin but he's a known liar. Obviously I could be wrong in that regard but shanahans past makes me believe he's not on the level. 

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I agree that Dan had a big part in the Griffin deal. However, Shanahan also played a part in it. He can say he never wanted Griffin but he's a known liar. Obviously I could be wrong in that regard but shanahans past makes me believe he's not on the level. 

This, and it will never be proven otherwise no matter what the liar Mike Shanahan says. There's a reason he had Kyle go do a personal workout with him in Baylor, the loved his talent and potential but knew he'd need a few years of development as a pocket passer and until then they'd run a similar offense to what he ran in college with the read option.

Cousins was the Redskins' 3rd choice in the 2012 draft. It's widely known that the shanahans wanted to take Russell Wilson and would have taken him over Cousins if the had the opportunity in round 4. 

Archived