Carson Wentz healthy scratch, requests trade

biggie.

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Really curious what he'll be moved for if he does get traded.

It's definitely buyers market here. That contract and the fact he's going to be a project warrants a noticeable discount.

I personally want no part of him. Mentally weak and a very slow processor.

• Like 1

Ballard has said, If you make the wrong choice at QB it will set you back 4 years. A decision on Wentz/Rivers/Prescott/Darnold/QB prospect etc. will be made based on a lot of info including whether they value Wentz over the other options. 

Then comes the guaranteed money because acquiring Wentz means picking up some of the guaranteed money from the Eagles which likely means the draft capital won’t be as demanding. Do you trade a 2nd for Darnold? 4th and lots of guaranteed money for Wentz? Is Dak even available? Or stick to your guns and trade up in the draft? So many layers for the Colts.

• Like 2

I'm not even sure what his value is, TBH. He's been injured off and on his entire career it seems, and the year his team went to and won the Superbowl, he wasn't even the QB. They let that QB go to pay him and he has not lived up to the contract. Not sure what he expects at this point. 

Wentz got a big contract, and that's a good thing for him, because he seems to be heading down the road to "bustville."  I wouldn't even think about bringing him onto my team when you consider his injury history, bad play, huge contract, and possibly even a poor work ethic and bad attitude.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

Ballard has said, If you make the wrong choice at QB it will set you back 4 years. A decision on Wentz/Rivers/Prescott/Darnold/QB prospect etc. will be made based on a lot of info including whether they value Wentz over the other options. 

Then comes the guaranteed money because acquiring Wentz means picking up some of the guaranteed money from the Eagles which likely means the draft capital won’t be as demanding. Do you trade a 2nd for Darnold? 4th and lots of guaranteed money for Wentz? Is Dak even available? Or stick to your guns and trade up in the draft? So many layers for the Colts.

If I'm the Colts, I'm offering an "Osweiler" for Wentz - give me Wentz at 100% of his contract value AND a 3rd round pick for a 5th.

The Eagles really have no viable option on this. That contract is an albatross, and nobody is trading for Wentz based on his recent performance and injury history.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ET80 said:

If I'm the Colts, I'm offering an "Osweiler" for Wentz - give me Wentz at 100% of his contract value AND a 3rd round pick for a 5th.

The Eagles really have no viable option on this. That contract is an albatross, and nobody is trading for Wentz based on his recent performance and injury history.

It'd be interesting. The value of getting that contract off the books would be incredible.

24 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Man... Eagles cap is going to get WRECKED.

for potentially multiple years. Ask @N4L, I tried to make a game of trying to solve the cap problems, and I couldn't really do it without going on for 2 years. If they could do it in a single year, they should absolutely be setting fire to 2021, but I think that they are going to have to june 1 cut guys like Alshon and D-Jax, so they may already be pushing dead money into future years. But if I were them? I'd 100% be trying to go the 49ers / Dolphins route of setting fire to the cap for one year and doing a hard reset. Both of those teams have been very successful in doing that. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Reports are that teams are interested...I THink that there's a good chance that he has positive trade value and they won't have to give anything up

12 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

He can request a trade all he wants. He's not a good QB and if anything, Pederson's offense massively helped him and maximized his potential. It's a no-win situation for either side.

He hasn't been good but Pederson's offense hasn't helped at all. When Frank Reich was there it helped but since then Pederson has been a crappy play caller with Wentz starting.