Carson Wentz healthy scratch, requests trade

biggie.

TBH, the biggest red flags that I see with Wentz are the intentional timing of the press releases of him being upset at losing his starting job the day of a game a few weeks ago, and then the timing of this just an hour or so before kickoff. That's an awful attitude, even if anyone else would feel that way. Dude is mentally weak.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

TBH, the biggest red flags that I see with Wentz are the intentional timing of the press releases of him being upset at losing his starting job the day of a game a few weeks ago, and then the timing of this just an hour or so before kickoff. That's an awful attitude, even if anyone else would feel that way. Dude is mentally weak.

I think all of his actions this year proved that beyond a doubt. I think he can still be fixed, but he needs the absolutely perfect coaching staff to coddle him to get back to his 2017 form. Maybe Reich is that guy.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

The biggest reason I want no part of him. 

To me, the "where there's smoke, there's fire" philosophy has rung true here over the last 1-2 years with him and his abrasive relationship(s) with his teammates. The reports of him being sulky, upset, not being a leader, not being liked, etc. have proven to be true, especially parlayed with the above comment/things that have happened. He has a great arm, he is athletic, and he's shown that he can be accurate and elevate an offense before this year, but he has the antithesis of every intangible you want.

You want an inspiring leader. He is a net negative here and an energy vampire.

You want someone with confidence in his teammates. He doesn't have confidence in the system or his teammates.

You want someone who is cool/calm under pressure or who has a fiery competitive personality. He's a sullen child that sulks and cries when he doesn't get his way.

You want someone who can overcome adversity. He's a crybaby that runs to his agent and PR team to intentionally make waves to be a distraction before multiple games.

HARD PASS.

IMO, the Eagles should get whatever they can for him, because he's not someone you want to be a part of your culture. He's toxic...and he also sucked badly this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Pair him with Frank Reich and lets see what happens. Dumb Pederson is a clueless clown. Ever since Reich left, the team and Wentz have gone downhill. There's just one person to blame. 

How would you like it on 2nd and 8, to come out of the game, have Hurts come in only to run around and lose 3 yards so that you get to try to get the 1st down on 3rd and 11.

2 hours ago, kramxel said:

Pats should be all over this. 

Denver IMO. Elway has to be feeling the pressure to win now. Bringing in a former all-pro talent at the most important position is the kind of move I expect from Elway. I think Carson is less of a gamble then Peyton was coming off neck surgery. He’s shown talent. He deserves a chance to start somewhere if he is going to come in hungry. Why the Eagles essentially tanked his value and took Hurts still confuses me but they did. 

Just now, Leoric said:

Denver IMO. Elway has to be feeling the pressure to win now. Bringing in a former all-pro talent at the most important position is the kind of move I expect from Elway. I think Carson is less of a gamble then Peyton was coming off neck surgery. He’s shown talent. He deserves a chance to start somewhere if he is going to come in hungry. Why the Eagles essentially tanked his value and took Hurts still confuses me but they did. 

The thing with Denver though is that they are not willing to fully move off Drew Lock it seems like. I Think that they want a vet to push him, but not to possibly win the job, and if the team is going to have a competition to try and push Lock, that's not the situation you want to put Wentz into by all indications. 

I have no idea why they like Lock so much lol. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lod01 said:

Pair him with Frank Reich and lets see what happens. Dumb Pederson is a clueless clown. Ever since Reich left, the team and Wentz have gone downhill. There's just one person to blame. 

How would you like it on 2nd and 8, to come out of the game, have Hurts come in only to run around and lose 3 yards so that you get to try to get the 1st down on 3rd and 11.

I love how Doug Pederson went from being an "offensive genius" who brought Philly their first title to now a "clueless clown" in a matter of a couple of years. Obviously Reich is a great coach and offensive genius as well, but that's just interesting.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Despite your insistences otherwise, the two can very much be compared. Ben was very good in his first two years, god awful in his third, great in his fourth, and bad in his fifth year. Wentz would likely have been the NFL MVP in 2017 if not for his injury. He was very good in 2018 and pretty good last year. This is first year since his rookie year that he hasn't performed. The fact that people are writing the guy off after one bad year shows how rash and irrational people can be. Look at that, I just compared Ben and Wentz.

It's almost like Ben played following a terrible (self-inflicted) motorcycle accident and a partially torn rotator cuff in those god awful and bad seasons. Carson hasn't demonstrated himself to be the QB Ben is. Let's stop it.

4 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

It's almost like Ben played following a terrible (self-inflicted) motorcycle accident and a partially torn rotator cuff in those god awful and bad seasons. Carson hasn't demonstrated himself to be the QB Ben is. Let's stop it.

Yeah, you can spare me the excuses. Ben had a long prime after his uneven early years to demonstrate what sort of QB he is. Wentz will have the same shot at bouncing back and establishing himself.

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Yeah, you can spare me the excuses. Ben had a long prime after his uneven early years to demonstrate what sort of QB he is. Wentz will have the same shot at bouncing back and establishing himself.

His number one WR was Fulgum lol Roseman has been atrocious at drafting the line got old an injured. I completely agree.

I'd love to know the full dynamic though between Pederson and Wentz. It happened before this season Wentz used to have dinner Thursday nights with Doug that all changed. Idk how a guy can be mad at being benched door poor play it's part of being a professional.

The Mike Groh firing may be a part of this idk