Saints QB Drew Brees expected to retire

RaidersAreOne

This would end the career of another player who joined the NFL during the 6-division era - there aren't that many players from that era left in the league to begin with (Adam Vinatieri hasn't technically retired yet, but did not play in 2020)

1 minute ago, El Ramster said:

@Fray32 I love you buddy. I’m not taking anything away from Brees and what Saints have done. Been a magical run.  But tell me I’m lying and he ain’t no stat machine! If so I’ll get a tattoo on my back that says frays property. 

Agreed, Brees is the Russell Westbrook of the NFL. All empty calories, thinks he can play hero ball and will his team to victory when he's shown time and again that he cannot. Will never have the modesty to let his more talented play makers help him, and bc of that he'll always hold his teams back. 

Dw, you and Jrry have my favourite takes on this site. It's all love over here 🤗

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fray32 said:

Agreed, Brees is the Russell Westbrook of the NFL. All empty calories, thinks he can play hero ball and will his team to victory when he's shown time and again that he cannot. Will never have the modesty to let his more talented play makers help him, and bc of that he'll always hold his teams back. 

Dw, you and Jrry have my favourite takes on this site. It's all love over here 🤗

Lolz I cringe because it sounds like a Saints hater. But I’m not. They’ve blessed us! They’ve been so good to us. But I’ll die on that hill! 

Love you big bro. If the rams don’t make it or get beat! I’ll be cheering for y’all. 

26 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

No ones taking jabs when speaking facts. When the Saints were down or had those mad stretches when they were terrible. Brees would put up stats that would make it seem that games were close. But teams were playing prevent. It’s pretty well down that he’s the king of stat padding tbh. Surprised you’re hurt by that comment. He would pad them stats deliciously. 

He's also 3rd all time in comebacks. So most of that 'stat padding' leads to wins. So is your preference that he not get those 36 wins by laying down and taking a loss late in games?

• Like 2

Just now, Deadpulse said:

He's also 3rd all time in comebacks. So most of that 'stat padding' leads to wins. So is your preference that he not get those 36 wins by laying down and taking a loss late in games?

I guess my guy. He’s also played how long? 

4 minutes ago, Asciimo said:

good riddance. I'm not going to argue his HOF bid, but he's a notorious stat padder w/ Sean Payton and an even worse person off the field. we will leave it at that.

Big facts about the padding stats thing. Idk about the rest lolz 

3 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

One of the many great Chargers QBs ;)

He really came on strong that final year, but you guys already took Rivers. Rivers had a great career too though. Chargers have been spoiled with good QB this entire century, plus had a Top 5er in Fouts in the 80’s.