Saints QB Drew Brees expected to retire

RaidersAreOne

Some of the Brees salt, my goodness.  Talking about him like he's Stat Padford, I mean Matt Stafford.  You dont get the all time records unless you play for a really long time when the guy who owns them played for 21 years.  And I've never heard anyone say a bad word about the dude.  I mean if you cant handle someone having different political views than you I dont know how you make it through life w/o living innate bubble.  The dude has been nothing but a class act in the community.  Here's to ya Drew, I hope you have a bad game next week against my Bears, but I cant wait to hear you call some games.

• Like 4

im sure half the stuff that happens for a famous sports figure is only vaguely understood or passed along by business managers

and business managers can make mistakes and/or not do due diligence before hitching their wagon to shady companies asking the celeb to do a 30sec spot

team loyalty is a nice thing;

not chasing a ring when teams are putting up 30-40 points on you week after week

im a pretty casual fan

being in a position that he worked hard to attain, I'm glad he used it to raise awareness and speak to the issues he felt strongly about; even if the only result was a new point of view for himself. I'd take that over a guy who never said anything, never learned anything and just went home with his money after punching the clock.

20 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

All these QBs are starting to do broadcasting. There's rumors Rivers might replace Aikman at Fox sports after he retires as well. I'd like that Aikman is boring majority of the time lol.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/12/31/tv-networks-have-their-eyes-on-philip-rivers/

jesus christ

aikman being no longer a thing in sports broadcasting would be 2nd to only you telling me someone is going to stab cris collingsworth in the throat.

• Like 1

Makes sense for Brees to retire now if he's joining NBC. They'll give him a role in the postponed Tokyo Olympics this summer then expanded in Beijing Winter Olympics the following February. When roles change or there are additions at NBC Sports you've always got to be aware of the Olympic calendar because that's the enticement. 

Regardless, I'm not thrilled with him either.