Week 17 Jets @ Pats: It's Finally Over

KingOfNewYork

Just now, kilahchris said:

I just do not see it that way...

The type of mistakes Sam Darnold makes goes beyond better receivers and a better o line. Some of his mistakes are inexplicable.. Especially today... 3 interceptions and 2 of the 3 made absolutely. The interception in the red zone was just a basic lack of making good presnap read and letting his eyes lead the safety to undercut Ty Johnson route. 

Another  the other interception was worse!  I was not sure where who Darnold is throwing the ball to; because there was no receiver within the vicinity of where the ball ended up.

Also making reads easier is ok for rookie Quarterbacks. Sam Darnold is entering his 4th year in the NFL. At this point he should have a better grasp on where and when to throw the ball. 

I am sorry the Sam Darnold does not have it. He had some of these issues at USC it was just not as severe.

I have been saying the same thing all year about his playing when he was USC ,your post is 100% correct.

1 minute ago, kilahchris said:

I just do not see it that way...

The type of mistakes Sam Darnold makes goes beyond better receivers and a better o line. Some of his mistakes are inexplicable.. Especially today... 3 interceptions and 2 of the 3 made absolutely. The interception in the red zone was just a basic lack of making good presnap read and letting his eyes lead the safety to undercut Ty Johnson route. 

Another  the other interception was worse!  I was not sure where who Darnold is throwing the ball to; because there was no receiver within the vicinity of where the ball ended up.

Also making reads easier is ok for rookie Quarterbacks. Sam Darnold is entering his 4th year in the NFL. At this point he should have a better grasp on where and when to throw the ball. 

I am sorry the Sam Darnold does not have it. He had some of these issues at USC it was just not as severe.

Sam only threw 2 picks, not three. 

And I agree that his mistakes are very bad.  At this point you honestly have to treat him s a rookie because the staff has done such a bad job of building this team and preparing these players. He never got the chance to learn how to read the defenses or operate an offense. The mobility and arm skills are there but the decision making is not. 

The Jets cannot go I to next season expecting Sam to be the starter. They need to hire a HC and sign a vet. Let the HC see who is better between the vet and Sam  and go from there. 

1 minute ago, drew39k said:

Sam only threw 2 picks, not three. 

And I agree that his mistakes are very bad.  At this point you honestly have to treat him s a rookie because the staff has done such a bad job of building this team and preparing these players. He never got the chance to learn how to read the defenses or operate an offense. The mobility and arm skills are there but the decision making is not. 

The Jets cannot go I to next season expecting Sam to be the starter. They need to hire a HC and sign a vet. Let the HC see who is better between the vet and Sam  and go from there. 

Depends on HC.  If he wants new qb so be it.   For me, he is finished with Jets.

15 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Depends on HC.  If he wants new qb so be it.   For me, he is finished with Jets.

What really hurts is the three second round picks we gave up to get him, plus the high first round pick if we release him or trade him for peanuts