Mock draft thread

Ftn49

My Latest Mock on PFN Mock Draft Simulator 

3. Zack Wilson QB (top 5picks where Jlaw, Fields, Wilson, Lance then Sewell)

43. Greg Newsome CB 

Trade Pick 117 and next Years 3rd for Pick 78. 

78.  Dillion Radnuz OT 

102. Hamilcar Rashed Jr DE

155. Aaron Banks OC 

172. Damar Hamlin S

180. Kary Vincent Jr CB 

194. Jimmy Morrison C 

230. Ben Skowronek WR 

• Like 1

3. Justin Fields QB, OSU

43. Asante Samuel Jr. CB, FSU

102. Quinn Meinerz OG, Wisconsin-Whitewater

117. Hamilcar Rashed Jr. EDGE Oregon State

155. Shaka Toney EDGE, PSU

172. Joshuah Bledsoe S Missouri

180. Dazz Newsome WR, North Carolina

194. Jim Morrissey OC, Pitt

230. Deommodore Lenoir CB, Oregon

Just now, Geek said:

3. Justin Fields QB, OSU

43. Asante Samuel Jr. CB, FSU

102. Quinn Meinerz OG, Wisconsin-Whitewater

117. Hamilcar Rashed Jr. EDGE Oregon State

155. Shaka Toney EDGE, PSU

172. Joshuah Bledsoe S Missouri

180. Dazz Newsome WR, North Carolina

194. Jim Morrissey OC, Pitt

230. Deommodore Lenoir CB, Oregon

Dazz at 180 is nice

Most recent TDN mock. 

3. Zach Wilson QB

43. Joseph Ossai EDGE

102. Dylan Moses LB

117. Walker Little OT 

155. Kary Vincent Jr. CB 

172. Shaka Toney EDGE 

180. Jaelon Darden WR

194. Drake Jackson IOL 

230. Alaric Jackson OT

TDN Draft (tried like 20 times to redo so Wilson would be available but no luck)

3: Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State

43: Jaylen Mayfield, OT/OG, Michigan

102: Tyson Campbell, CB, Georgia

117: Demetric Felton, HB/WR, UCLA

155: Darius Stills, DT, West Virginia 

172: Drake Johnson, C, Kentucky 

180: Chris Rumph II, LB/Edge,

194: Shakur Brown, CB, Michigan State

230: Joshua Kaindoh, Edge, Florida State

On 3/27/2021 at 1:02 AM, Aussie9er said:

My Latest Mock on PFN Mock Draft Simulator 

3. Zack Wilson QB (top 5picks where Jlaw, Fields, Wilson, Lance then Sewell)

43. Greg Newsome CB 

Trade Pick 117 and next Years 3rd for Pick 78. 

78.  Dillion Radnuz OT 

102. Hamilcar Rashed Jr DE

155. Aaron Banks OC 

172. Damar Hamlin S

180. Kary Vincent Jr CB 

194. Jimmy Morrison C 

230. Ben Skowronek WR 

Love this draft! Copy and send it to Kyle and John. 😎

Probably my favorite draft I've done. Profiles paraphrased from TDN. 

3. QB Justin Fields

43. Edge Gregory Rousseau: wasn't expecting him to be here, took him over Kelvin Joeseph and Asante Samuel..I think you just have to take a chance on Rousseau and his tools and we're going to be able to ease him into the role. I think right off the bat he can play in edge in base downs and hold his own, get him into passing situations and we might have some issues, but that's why Eubakam is here..Ford may also come back..add in Willis and we're very likely set for this year with a solid edge group. 

102. CB Tyson Campbell: Might throw people a bit but he does fit the profile of not only the body type we like at corner..but also some of the skills we're asking from guys on the outside. Add to the fact that he's a + athlete and willing tackler, I just think he makes a lot of sense for us. 

117. RG Ben Cleveland: I really wanted to just grab someone to help fortify the interior. Brunskill needs to be pushed..whether that's from McVitz or Cleveland..needs to happen. He might not be a scheme fit either but a guy at 350+ pounds can stand to lose some weight and by all accounts, he can do most  of what we ask our lineman to do. 

155. RB Chuba Hubbard: I think he screams scheme fit for us. I know he was injured last year so his value is down, but he put up crazy numbers when healthy and I think Shanny is going to want fortify this position a bit more since we've had a fair amount of turnover there. Hubbard is a guy who can come in day 1 and run what we run. 

172. CB Shakur Brown: A bit of a developmental player at corner. Didn't play much but when he did, it looked good and showed lots of improvement. I think we definitely need to add two corners regardless. one nickel one outside sounds about right. Brown is that nickel player.

180. WR Marlon Williams: BULLY BALL BULLY BALL BULLY BALL - We also need depth badly imo. Williams provides some instant playable upside and as much as I adore Hurd as a prospect, he's the farthest thing from reliable and is very much on the bubble. Time to bring dudes in to solidify that depth 

194. WR. Simi Fehoko: see above..also see SPECIAL TEAMS NEED LOTS OF HELP. He can return and cover. He also has great size which is something we lack in the receiver room in general, maybe not weight..but this dude is tall and plays like it. Probably at best a WR3 but I think he provides a lot of value for a late rounder.

230. S - Paris Ford: Same thought process they had with Adrian Colbert, who was a solid pick, ST value, good tools..developmental prospect. He also shows more skills on the field than Colbert did. Our safety room is deep right now so he might be a PS guy but we can't count on getting everyone back next off-season so might not be a bad idea to add depth..and really..anything to get rid of Harris. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, John232 said:

117. RG Ben Cleveland: I really wanted to just grab someone to help fortify the interior. Brunskill needs to be pushed..whether that's from McVitz or Cleveland..needs to happen. He might not be a scheme fit either but a guy at 350+ pounds can stand to lose some weight and by all accounts, he can do most  of what we ask our lineman to do. 

That guy is absolutely ripped. Absolutely insane physique.

• Like 1

3. Justin Fields QB Ohio State

43. Elijah Molden DB Washington

102. Brady Christensen T BYU

117. Jaelon Darden WR North Texas

155. Josh Kaindoh EDGE Florida State

180. Trill Williams CB Syracuse

194. Pooka Williams RB Kansas

Trade- 172 for 205 & 230

205. Tony Poljan TE Virginia

230. Michael Menet C Penn St

232. Mustafa Johnson DL Colorado

3. Justin Fields QB,

43. Joe Tryon EDGE,

102. Andre Cisco S,

117. Walker Little OT,

155. Kary Vincent Jr. CB,

172. Shaka Toney EDGE,

180. Shakur Brown CB,

194. Jaelon Darden WR,

230. Tamorrion Terry WR,

best case scenario for me:

3. Justin Fields QB

43. Elijah Moore WR

102. Chazz Surratt LB

117. Ben Cleveland OG

155. Robert Rochell CB

172. Marco Wilson CB

180. Elijah Mitchell RB

194. Jacob Harris TE/WR

230. Maximilian Roberts EDGE

It was very difficult to analyze how Lynch or Kyle are thinking about the roster. I think the roster is good to compete for a Super Bowl run, but there are some spots that needs to be improved. I really would love to see Pitts with the Niners! That would be so incredible and this move would help Kittle. Samuel, Aiyuk, Pitts and Kittle - OMG. Pitts is so a rare player type. But I can‘t believe the 49ers traded up for a TE/WR for that price.

So, in 2nd rd it is likely that SF picks a WR3 (Moore or Toney, I hope). Another spot that need improvement is LB. Greenlaw and Warner are good but a real good 3rd man I don‘t see in the roster. So I go with a LB in rd. 3. Surratt would be amazing in the 49ers dress. An alternative is Browning. Jamin Davis would be awesome but I don’t believe he can fall in round 3. The OL is ok, but a strong man can help, also to increase strong competition for Brunskill. I think Cleveland can be available in rd 4... maybe. He is a beast and heavy guy and I think he is an upgrade next year at the latest. The starting CBs are in place, but the depth is not so good at this position. Rochell showed great athletics during pro day. Wilson was even better. I guess both should be targeted in rd 5. Currently there are only 4 RBs in the roster. So a man who can compete for RB3 spot and a dual weapon (good hands) would be nice. Mitchell was incredible at pro day. He is quick and agile and I like RBs who didn’t run for 300 times per season in college. Mitchell is a perfect fit for SF.

I like my thought that a second TE. A guy like Kittle will be in the roster. As the 2021 draft is not deep in TEs who can compete for a TE job in NFL from my perspective Jacob Harris as a WR/TE combi might fit.

An EDGE is always great. Actually I also thought that an EDGE might be targeted by the 49ers in rd 2, especially if a Phillips or Oweh should be available with our pick there. In rd 7 there is a good option to select Maximilian Roberts (maybe already in rd6!?). Good physics, athletics and performance - he might be a man for the future.

just thoughts that I share 😉.

Edited by GermanSFFan
Update

A second suggestion from my site... maybe it looks strange to some of you, but I think this scenario may fit as well:

3 - Justin Fields QB

43 - Bobby Brown NT - Jones and Kerr only have 1 yr contracts. And from my perspective Kinlaw DT struggled last year (I think he will be much better this year). NT for the future is an idea that I like. He can learn one year - time you may need as Kinlaw indicated.

102 - Spencer Brown - another unsuspected pick for several of you for sure. Spencer Brown is an unbelievable athlete. From my perspective the best athlete of all OTs and that with 6082 and 311 Ibs and an arm length of 34,75. McGlinchey struggled last year. I guess Brown can compete for RT or maybe RG in first year.

117 -  Elerson Smith EDGE - it is questionable if Dee Ford is fit in 2021. And it remains uncertain if he is still competetive after that long injury history. Smith is extremely explosive and I expect him as a good man who can replace him - if not in 2021 then in the following years.

155 - Jaelon Darden - Slot WR 
SF needs a WR3. Jaelon Darden has everything a good WR needs. So take him!

172 - Marco Wilson CB

I like Wilson. So he can give the depth in CB position in the roster.

180 - Buddy Johnson LB

Johnson can even compete with Al-Shaair for the starting job! Extreme good athlete who had 85 tackles in 10 games, 3 sacks, 3 passes defended and that in SEC division. Perfect fit!

194 - Jake Funk RB

yeah, we need another RB! 10‘ time 1.50s, VJ 38.0, BJ 122, 3-C 6.71s, Shuttle 4.12s. Wow! So he is athletic! 5 games in 2020, 102 yds in avg., 8.5 yds/att - and he can perform! A great Big Ten draft prospect for us!

230 - simply take the best available one. Maybe there is a chance to get Jacob Harris TE/WR in rd 7. Another option may be Dicaprio Bootle or Nate Hobbs as slot CB perspectives...

Edited by GermanSFFan
Update
  • Like 1