Who should kick rocks? 2021

Humble_Beast

Which guys on the roster do think should be cut? Las Vegas is projected to be at -8.7 in cap space, so a few cuts are on the horizon.

kick rocks candidates: 

- RT Trent Brown 14m

- Slot Lamarcus Joyner 11.2m

- WR Tyrell Williams 11.6m 

- QB Marcus Maiotta 10.7m 

could move on? 🤔 

-RG Gabe Jackson 9.6m

-LG Richie Incognito 6.3m

-RB Jalen Richard 3.5m

-FS Jeff Health 3.1m

thoughts on all these players futures for the Raiders?

Edited by Humble_Beast

Brown, Joyner, Williams, and Gabe all need to go. 

If Richie is fully healthy, I’d give him one last year (age too high). 

Keep Heath, and let Richard finish his final season. 

QB situation is up to the FO. Either you keep both Carr/Mariota, or you draft someone and get rid of one. We’ll probably do the former. 

Edited by BayRaider

22 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Key is incapable of making a play it seems. Anytime he has a chance of a tfl or sack he lets them go. 

2021 will be on his last year of his cheap rookie deal. Probably brought back, but I wouldn’t be mad if we upgrade the depth  so he doesn’t make it out of camp. I would bring back Takk and have them battle for that last DE spot. 

Edited by Humble_Beast

4 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Which guys on the roster do think should be cut? Las Vegas is projected to be at -8.7 in cap space, so a few cuts are on the horizon.

kick rocks candidates: 

- RT Trent Brown 14m

- Slot Lamarcus Joyner 11.2m

- WR Tyrell Williams 11.6m 

- QB Marcus Maiotta 10.7m 

could move on? 🤔 

-RG Gabe Jackson 9.6m

-LG Richie Incognito 6.3m

-RB Jalen Richard 3.5m

-FS Jeff Health 3.1m

thoughts on all these players futures for the Raiders?

All but Richard.  I’d even really consider eating 5.75M to save 3.75m and cut Carl Nassib.  It’s insane we guaranteed that /be year, let alone gave him That deal.

if incognito was healthy and returned on a restructured deal that had a 2.0m salary and active game bonuses for another 2.0m or so then I’d consider... consider bringing him back.

My heart says f everyone.  

My mind says, we're 8-8.  A few scores from 10-6 or even 11-5.  

The entire defense +/- Mullen, Max and Cle.  And none of those would hurt me too bad if they got traded.  

Top down... 

Hire a top flight DC

A center field S to offset Abram and his abilities.

A vet corner.

Vet DE

PLAYMAKING DT

Draft heavy on D

Tweak offense. WR, RB, OL.  

TE IS NOT A FOCUS.  

Why is everyone so content to give Trent a pass? 
he got paid and then hasn’t shown up.... he came to camp very out of shape and barely practiced ... week 1 rolls around and he plays 3 snaps and and was out til game 5.... plays week 5.... covid issues- which cuz of his lack of following rules takes the whole OL out of practice and Abrams out of game.... out til week 14... plays weeks 14-16 and was decent but not special.... then is out for weeks 17+18.

what makes any of you think this guy will stay healthy, come to TC in shape, and fight thru minor injuries in ‘21?

Your all just trying to chase “what he could be” and are afraid to move on.

well if you don’t move on your gonna end up with the same TB and end up playing the backup RT most of the year and Paying him 14M to sit on the bench.

by the way.... Jackson wasn’t bad this year but he’s not a 10m/yr player.... he’s a run of the mill RG. If he Wants to come back at a 6m per year sure.... if not bye

Brown,Williams - obvious outs with no dead money

Gabe - keep him, maybe restructure. You don't need to create another hole on the right side

Mariota - restructure contract for cap space

Joyner - take the 2.5 dead hit to save 11 mil on the cap

Richard - 3.5 mil is rich for a #3 back. You can get guys like him for the minimum late in the draft. Or cheap like Theo Riddick

Extend:

Agholor, Morrow, Good

McKinley - 1 year deal to see what he has when healthy

59 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Brown,Williams - obvious outs with no dead money

Gabe - keep him, maybe restructure. You don't need to create another hole on the right side

Mariota - restructure contract for cap space

Joyner - take the 2.5 dead hit to save 11 mil on the cap

Richard - 3.5 mil is rich for a #3 back. You can get guys like him for the minimum late in the draft. Or cheap like Theo Riddick

Extend:

Agholor, Morrow, Good

McKinley - 1 year deal to see what he has when healthy

Yup pretty much how I have it. Incognito can go unless he restructures and we pick up a vet guard/tackle. 

I’d like to keep Agholor but wary of the price.

Serious investment is needed on the defense both in draft and FA. We need a vet CB/FS  to help Arnette, Mullen & Abram. DT is a huge need with another pass rusher. 

16 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Brown, Joyner, Williams, and Gabe all need to go. 

If Richie is fully healthy, I’d give him one last year (age too high). 

Keep Heath, and let Richard finish his final season. 

QB situation is up to the FO. Either you keep both Carr/Mariota, or you draft someone and get rid of one. We’ll probably do the former. 

Qb situation definitely will be interesting with Herbert looking legit as a rookie. carr imo the 3rd best afc west qb rn. 

No brained releases: Joyner, ty will, Trent, richie, Collins 

not confident in the organization to replace them with better People.

I'd be very wary cutting Incognito, Jackson and Brown. That could really be asking for trouble on the OL. I wouldn't be opposed to cutting 1 of them, possibly 2 as we have Good who can start. If there is a good value FA option for RT and Incognito wants to play on with a restructure then cutting Brown and Jackson frees up some serious cap space and we only are bringing in 1 new starter really.

Witten, Collins, Williams will be gone off the books which should free up a decent amount too. If we're not moving Joyner to safety which is likely then I'd cut him too and use Lawson in the slot. Harris I'd cut too and keep Heath as the backup safety. Mariota I would look to restructure or trade. 

Agholor is a tricky one, Id like to keep him but he's not worth #1 type money. Richard is overpaid too. I've always liked Morrow but he's not a star and should be paid as a fringe starter if he's brought back. Hankins Id jeep around at league average if possible.

Hurst, Key, Nassib, Vickers I would make earn the roster spot in camp after drafting and bringing in a few DEs and DTs to compete.

Blue chip players need to be brought in at FS, DT and RT IMO and solid to good starters at WR, DE, CB to compete and push the talent level up. These guys can be through draft and FA but I dont want 1 year vet starters, I want guys like Kwiatkoski who have upside and longevity.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

2021 will be on his last year of his cheap rookie deal. Probably brought back, but I wouldn’t be mad if we upgrade the depth  so he doesn’t make it out of camp. I would bring back Takk and have them battle for that last DE spot. 

The guys at the Athletic said Key is probably gone after this season. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

The guys at the Athletic said Key is probably gone after this season. 

Maybe, but local best writers always like to create a buzz by spreading rumors for the team they are covering. This might be true, or could he fake news. Media is all about click bait and traffic. Just look at the espn talk shows....