Who should kick rocks? 2021

Humble_Beast

Off the top of my head:

Incognito- Too old and injury prone. 

Brown- Injury prone, availability, laziness

Mariota- Too expensive for a backup, can go cheaper.

Williams- injury prone, take this money and pay Agholor.

Witten- Old and ineffective. Takes snaps from Moreau.

Harris- Complete liability in secondary, 

Leavitt: Same as Harris

Nassib: Overpaid for a backup.

Collins: Ineffective, complete bust of FA signing. Would rather use some of this money to get Leonard Williams.

Edited by OldManWillis

Just saw a picture of Brown with the Pats and then a picture of him with the Raiders. Dude gained A LOT of weight this past season cause then I looked at pictures of him in 2019 and wasn’t anything like that. 

Im back and forth with Trent on if he stays or goes. 

19 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Just saw a picture of Brown with the Pats and then a picture of him with the Raiders. Dude gained A LOT of weight this past season cause then I looked at pictures of him in 2019 and wasn’t anything like that. 

Im back and forth with Trent on if he stays or goes. 

He was probably close to 400 pounds coming into the season. 

On 1/5/2021 at 3:45 PM, OldManWillis said:

Off the top of my head:

Incognito- Too old and injury prone. 

Brown- Injury prone, availability, laziness

Mariota- Too expensive for a backup, can go cheaper.

Williams- injury prone, take this money and pay Agholor.

Witten- Old and ineffective. Takes snaps from Moreau.

Harris- Complete liability in secondary, 

Leavitt: Same as Harris

Nassib: Overpaid for a backup.

Collins: Ineffective, complete bust of FA signing. Would rather use some of this money to get Leonard Williams.

We agree on everything.... but:

Witten and Harris are UFAs and shouldn’t be resigned.... unless Harris comes back at around 1.5m to be a 4th S and key STer.

Nassib really can’t be cut.... in essence... cuz he had a Guaranteed 5.75m roster bonus.  So pay him 5.75 to be cut or 9.5m tO stay (3.75m salary). 

id loooooove Leonard Williams.... omg is go nuts.  He’d totally change our DL for the better.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

He was probably close to 400 pounds coming into the season. 

And people still want him back? Blows my mind... seriously.  

we can’t be afraid to move on from the second highest paid RT in football whose always hurt and doesn’t care enough to come to camp below 400lbs when he’s getting paid 22.5m that year.  Sickening.

When we bring him back we will not have resolved the RT position.  He’ll just get hurt or whatever and leave us scrambling to replace him and without all that money.

Edited by jimkelly02

On 1/5/2021 at 2:37 PM, Dessie said:

You might want to look at Jacobs TD run against the Broncos and check what Gabe does. 0 sacks allowed and 3 penalties on the year ? 

He does have his Moments.... don’t get be wrong.

https://sisdatahub.com/players/330

he just gets blown up on run plays too much to keep me from complaining.  If he made 7.5m id take it... but he’s been getting a bit too much money for his level of play and lack of playing cuz on injuries... IMO.

If he stays at just under 10m I wouldn’t flip out but I think we could replace him for a cheaper player.

maybe we can restructure him.... that’s the ideal scenario 

7 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

He does have his Moments.... don’t get be wrong.

he just gets blown up on run plays too much to keep me from complaining.  If he made 7.5m id take it... but he’s been getting a bit too much money for his level of play and lack of playing cuz on injuries... IMO.

If he stays at just under 10m I wouldn’t flip out but I think we could replace him for a cheaper player.

maybe we can restructure him.... that’s the ideal scenario 

For me Gabe is a guy you wanna keep around obviously at the right price though .

He’s played through injuries, swapped positions(LG-RG) is good in pass protection (0 sacks) and is a good enough run blocker. Could you get better, probably but I’d rather keep Gabe than pay $14m for Sicknote who barely plays. 

Edited by Dessie

17 hours ago, Dessie said:

For me Gabe is a guy you wanna keep around obviously at the right price though .

He’s played through injuries, swapped positions(LG-RG) is good in pass protection (0 sacks) and is a good enough run blocker. Could you get better, probably but I’d rather keep Gabe than pay $14m for Sicknote who barely plays. 

Gabes also missed some major time over the years.  He’s been injured a lot actually he just been able to play thru the recent injuries. He missed 5 games in ‘19 and 3 in ‘18.  It is a big concerning he’s constantly hurt.

I don’t “want” to get rid of Gabe.  But the team has to consider cheaper options, mainly due to wasting cap space the last 2 years and the cap shrinking to 175M.

i think This conversation never exists if he’s making 7 or 8m.... but since he’s been making 10m or just below the last 2 years and hasn’t reached his ‘16 and ‘17 form:

his blown blocks went from 8-10 to 20-21, he went from 0 or 2 sacks allowed to 5-6... but got it back down to 1 this year. 

the thing is I don’t see Gabe restructuring his deal and taking a penny less to stay.  I’d love to have him back for just a little bit less but I don’t see it happening and idk if we can keep paying sooo much money for an OL. 

17 hours ago, Dessie said:

I love the nick name.... makes me want to get a Twitter account again and troll him with it.