Who should kick rocks? 2021

Humble_Beast

On 1/3/2021 at 1:27 PM, Humble_Beast said:

Which guys on the roster do think should be cut? Las Vegas is projected to be at -8.7 in cap space, so a few cuts are on the horizon.

kick rocks candidates: 

- RT Trent Brown 14m

- Slot Lamarcus Joyner 11.2m

- WR Tyrell Williams 11.6m 

- QB Marcus Maiotta 10.7m 

could move on? 🤔 

-RG Gabe Jackson 9.6m

-LG Richie Incognito 6.3m

-RB Jalen Richard 3.5m

-FS Jeff Health 3.1m

thoughts on all these players futures for the Raiders?

I would move on from all of them except Jeff Heath.  Maybe keep Joyner if he goes back to safety.  

Here’s who I would let go

Gabe Jackson - Time to say goodbye. He’s good but you drafted Simpson for a reason and you can invest in a cheap OG in the draft.

Richie Icognito - No real explanation needed

Tyrell Williams - No real explanation needed

Lamarcus Joyner - Could he had worked out at S idk but it will always be something that will go unanswered 

Carl Nassib - Take the little cap hit you will get and get rid of the trash. Can’t improve the pass rush with the same trash on the field

Jalen Richard - His playing time really went down this year. Think at 3 million is to rich for a his role

Jeff Heath - This is a hard one more me cause I think he could stick around for special teams.

Arden Key - Simply isn’t good. Let’s end the 3 scholarship 

Marcus Marriota - Should be able to at least trade him

This would give you about 50 million in cap space 

I would have to have a serious talk With Trent about his weight and keep him. I wouldn’t be able to invest in a OT so high in the draft with all the needs on defense and what OT are u getting in FA that’s better then him at 14 million. He’s cheap if you can get him to get his act together.

I think you can easily make an argument for any of them, but no chance we release all 3 of Trent, Gabe & Richie.

If it were up to me and I had to pick one I’m going with Trent Brown as we’re getting terrible value for money with him, but Gruden seems to love him. I think the most likely to go is Richie.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

I think you can easily make an argument for any of them, but no chance we release all 3 of Trent, Gabe & Richie.

If it were up to me and I had to pick one I’m going with Trent Brown as we’re getting terrible value for money with him, but Gruden seems to love him. I think the most likely to go is Richie.

I think Gruden need to have a heart to heart with Brown about his commitment to excellence. If he pledges to take his role serious bring him back and cut Richie and Gabe. If Brown is committed cut bait and keep Gabe one more season. 

17 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Gabes also missed some major time over the years.  He’s been injured a lot actually he just been able to play thru the recent injuries. He missed 5 games in ‘19 and 3 in ‘18.  It is a big concerning he’s constantly hurt.

I don’t “want” to get rid of Gabe.  But the team has to consider cheaper options, mainly due to wasting cap space the last 2 years and the cap shrinking to 175M.

i think This conversation never exists if he’s making 7 or 8m.... but since he’s been making 10m or just below the last 2 years and hasn’t reached his ‘16 and ‘17 form:

https://sisdatahub.com/players/330

his blown blocks went from 8-10 to 20-21, he went from 0 or 2 sacks allowed to 5-6... but got it back down to 1 this year. 

the thing is I don’t see Gabe restructuring his deal and taking a penny less to stay.  I’d love to have him back for just a little bit less but I don’t see it happening and idk if we can keep paying sooo much money for an OL. 

He played all 16 games this year and the last 11 last year through injury. Depends on the stats as other ms has him at 0 sacks this year. 

If he doesn’t have any guaranteed money I think we can structure it so the cap hit is less going forward. Yeah you might want better but he is reliable as has been proven, much rather overspend on the likes of Gabe than pay Brown who has missed more games than he has played. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I think Gruden need to have a heart to heart with Brown about his commitment to excellence. If he pledges to take his role serious bring him back and cut Richie and Gabe. If Brown is committed cut bait and keep Gabe one more season. 

Trent Brown is who Trent Brown is. Who Gruden needs to have a heart to heart with is the man in the mirror who gave him 4 years 66 million.

Trent Brown is a 5 year veteran. This Tiger isn't going to change stripes. 

16 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Trent Brown is who Trent Brown is. Who Gruden needs to have a heart to heart with is the man in the mirror who gave him 4 years 66 million.

Trent Brown is a 5 year veteran. This Tiger isn't going to change stripes. 

exactly, TB isnt going to change.  he's a weak man imo.  he lacks discpline, as shown by his body and especially by the fact he got up over 400lbs.

66m didnt motivate him, he took the guarenteed money and coasted.  your niave if you think a talking to will change him.

21 hours ago, Dessie said:

He played all 16 games this year and the last 11 last year through injury. Depends on the stats as other ms has him at 0 sacks this year. 

If he doesn’t have any guaranteed money I think we can structure it so the cap hit is less going forward. Yeah you might want better but he is reliable as has been proven, much rather overspend on the likes of Gabe than pay Brown who has missed more games than he has played. 

hes in the second to last year of his deal so youd only be able to add 2 dead years to his deal in a restructure.  you could drop his salary down and take the difference and move it automatically into an instant signing bonus spread over 4 years.  you often dont need his approval to do this, there are often team options to do this in MOST contracts.

for instance.....

currently:   '21: $9.350m with .25m workout bonus, '22: 9.347m with .25m workout bonus

restructure: drop 9.35m salary to 1.35m and add 8m signing bonus over 4years.  '21: 1.35m salary + .25m WOB + 2m SB = 3.6m cap hit; '22: 9.347m + .25m WOB + 2.0m SB = 11.597m cap hit; '23+'24 void years- automatic 4.0m dead cap hit on '23 salary cap

I dont think restructuring is the way to go,.  im not totally against keeping him at his current salary either.  i just think we need to consider a cheaper option or he takes a pay cut down to the 7-8M range.

On 1/8/2021 at 1:10 PM, agarcia34 said:

I would have to have a serious talk With Trent about his weight and keep him. I wouldn’t be able to invest in a OT so high in the draft with all the needs on defense and what OT are u getting in FA that’s better then him at 14 million. He’s cheap if you can get him to get his act together.

Trent is the #2 paid RT in football behind only Lane Johnson:

Right Tackle Contracts and Salaries | Over The Cap

YOUR NOT GOING TO GET '19 TRENT BROWN PRODUCTION.  Your going to get 85% max of his best play for 12 games, absolute max, more likely to be 8.

OT UFAs:

Taylor Moton, Car, RT- one of the best in football.  will likely get similiar deal to TB.  id much rather have him then trent.    SIS DataHub

Matt Feiler, Pitt, RT- prolly gets 8-10m per SIS DataHub

Riley Reiff will most likely get cut and would likely cost 8m.  SIS DataHub  then draft a RT in rounds 3-4 to replace in '22//'23

Ryan Ramczck could get cut by NO as they have a huge cap problem.  SIS DataHub  he'll get paid but prolly cheaper then TB

there will be options, TB isnt the only good RT available.  we have the power not him.  he needs to take a major pay cut or be cut, and we'll have no major problem replacing him.,,, and get better overall play.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2021 at 11:10 AM, jimkelly02 said:

Trent is the #2 paid RT in football behind only Lane Johnson:

Right Tackle Contracts and Salaries | Over The Cap

YOUR NOT GOING TO GET '19 TRENT BROWN PRODUCTION.  Your going to get 85% max of his best play for 12 games, absolute max, more likely to be 8.

OT UFAs:

Taylor Moton, Car, RT- one of the best in football.  will likely get similiar deal to TB.  id much rather have him then trent.    SIS DataHub

Matt Feiler, Pitt, RT- prolly gets 8-10m per SIS DataHub

Riley Reiff will most likely get cut and would likely cost 8m.  SIS DataHub  then draft a RT in rounds 3-4 to replace in '22//'23

Ryan Ramczck could get cut by NO as they have a huge cap problem.  SIS DataHub  he'll get paid but prolly cheaper then TB

there will be options, TB isnt the only good RT available.  we have the power not him.  he needs to take a major pay cut or be cut, and we'll have no major problem replacing him.,,, and get better overall play.

If we sign one of them, absolutely we can then look at releasing trent. The only way I keep him is if somehow we cannot land any kind of OT.

• 1 month later...