2020 FF MVP share

Tk3

Figured it would be nice to have everyone vote on MVP, and rank their top 5 players. Those will then be converted into an MVP share with the FF MVP also being announced. I reserve the right to disallow ballots that do not appear to be made in good faith

Shares are calculated as follows: 5 points for 1st place vote, 4 points for 2nd place, 3 points for 3rd place, etc. The sum of points earned divided by 5, divided by total ballots will be the MVP share. A unanimous vote will give a player an MVP share of 1.000, but the final winner will likely have a share slightly below 1.000.

MVP Shares (voting still in process - current results)

1. 0.955 Aaron Rodgers (35)
  2. 0.690 Patrick Mahomes (1)
  3. 0.630 Josh Allen (4)
  4. 0.450 Derrick Henry
  5. 0.105 Tom Brady
  6. 0.070 Deshaun Watson
  7. 0.030 Alvin Kamara
  8. 0.025 Ryan Tannehill
  9. 0.020 Russell Wilson
  10. 0.015 Aaron Donald
  11. 0.005 Lamar Jackson
  12. 0.005 Dalvin Cook
Edited by Tk3

I'll have my MVP Watch Thread up soon, with explanations of all Top 10 selections.

For now:

1) Aaron Rodgers

2) Derrick Henry

3) Patrick Mahomes

4) Josh Allen

5) Tom Brady

It took Brady the entire second half of the season to close the gap on Wilson and Tannehil, but he had a better season than both.

• Like 1

TK Submission

1. Aaron Rodgers
  2. Josh Allen
  3. Patrick Mahomes
  4. Derrick Henry
  5. Lamar Jackson

Honorable mentions to Tannehill, Watson (only missed because of record), and Brady (late season charge)

I know people won't like the Lamar selection, but I don't care. He did the most with the least of any QB in the discussion, and his team drops the most wins if you sub him out with a mid level replacement player

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DannyB said:

wait...how does this work? I don't understand the shares thing.

In the current NFL voting system, it is just 1st place votes. So if a player is unanimous then there is no way of knowing who is 2nd. If only two players get votes, then there is no way of knowing who gets 3rd. This method is an attempt to rank out the players

2 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

In the current NFL voting system, it is just 1st place votes. So if a player is unanimous then there is no way of knowing who is 2nd. If only two players get votes, then there is no way of knowing who gets 3rd. This method is an attempt to rank out the players

what are the 1.0 and .6000 things?