2020 FF MVP share

Tk3

Good job with this. I’ll be doing something similar with QB Rankings, but a tournament. These types of things are always a good way to get a community involved and state their opinion, by making it fun.

I’m a little surprised at some Watson votes, Texans were 4-12. People can argue “but they’d be 0-16!” butI even 0-16 is not a big drop off. And don’t get me wrong, I’m in awe of Watson’s season. He is my #5 OPOY, and my #4 QB season overall behind Rodgers, Mahomes, and Allen. Slightly ahead of Brady. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Good job with this. I’ll be doing something similar with QB Rankings, but a tournament. These types of things are always a good way to get a community involved and state their opinion, by making it fun.

I’m a little surprised at some Watson votes, Texans were 4-12. People can argue “but they’d be 0-16!” butI even 0-16 is not a big drop off. And don’t get me wrong, I’m in awe of Watson’s season. He is my #5 OPOY, and my #4 QB season overall behind Rodgers, Mahomes, and Allen. Slightly ahead of Brady. 

I was very, very close to including him, simply because he clearly had one of the top 5 seasons. But I agree, MVP specifically requires you to be the driver of an excellent team. (Henry's inclusion in my list is a large part of what pushed Tannehill from my top 5 to like, 6 or 7). Maybe its unfair of me, but while I give the "alpha position" to Rodgers/Allen over Adams/Diggs, respectively, I give the lean to Henry in the Titans relationship.

I'd call the 2 Allen votes a moderate surprise, but its a bigger surprise to me that we have zero Mahomes first places. Don't get me wrong - I think Rodgers should be unanimous, but I'm surprised that the "Rodgers and Mahomes are 1a and 1b" crowd from the last few weeks didn't translate into any Mahomes votes thus far

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

I was very, very close to including him, simply because he clearly had one of the top 5 seasons. But I agree, MVP specifically requires you to be the driver of an excellent team. (Henry's inclusion in my list is a large part of what pushed Tannehill from my top 5 to like, 6 or 7). Maybe its unfair of me, but while I give the "alpha position" to Rodgers/Allen over Adams/Diggs, respectively, I give the lean to Henry in the Titans relationship.

I'd call the 2 Allen votes a moderate surprise, but its a bigger surprise to me that we have zero Mahomes first places. Don't get me wrong - I think Rodgers should be unanimous, but I'm surprised that the "Rodgers and Mahomes are 1a and 1b" crowd from the last few weeks didn't translate into any Mahomes votes thus far

Probably because Rodgers and Mahomes had a similar type of season, but Rodgers was clearly better. It really is a “similar” season on paper. Whereas Josh Allen is a different type of season with different variables. 

Don’t get me wrong, I have Rodgees and Mahomes both ahead of Allen, but voting Mahomes as #1 makes no sense due to what I just said. Whereas I can at least see the “reason” for those two people putting Allen at #1.