Tk3

11 hours ago, Shady Slim said:

my picks for the season

Josh Allen

Patrick Mahomes

Derrick Henry

Alvin Kamara

Aaron Rodgers

This can’t possibly be in order is it, Rodgers #5?

I’m starting to think nobody should of been able to look at others votes, because they are trying to get the guy they prefer higher. 

54 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’m starting to think nobody should of been able to look at others votes, because they are trying to get the guy they prefer higher. 

no this is in order, tbqh i haven’t been particularly impressed by the packers all season lol, they are the weakest top seed i’ve seen since, well, them, last year.

i’m big on the distinction between results and performance and the packers haven’t scored all that high on the eye test - not invincible at all to me, very vincible. very capable of getting vinced.

4 minutes ago, Shady Slim said:

no this is in order, tbqh i haven’t been particularly impressed by the packers all season lol, they are the weakest top seed i’ve seen since, well, them, last year.

i’m big on the distinction between results and performance and the packers haven’t scored all that high on the eye test - not invincible at all to me, very vincible. very capable of getting vinced.

MVP is a player award, that has solely “record” factored into it, no other team aspect. Rodgers just had a Top 10 QB season ever. 48-5 (best ever ratio), 8.2 YPA, 70.7% COMP. 

18 minutes ago, Shady Slim said:

Packers just led the league in PPG on the back of a 48 TD season from Rodgers and a running game in the top 10... what? The performance and results are both there.

14 minutes ago, Shady Slim said:

What games have you watched? They are much better than last year - when they won on turnovers and one score games (went something like 6-1 in one score games). In truth, their offense and defense were both very average. This year, they are 4-2 in one score games, but a couple of those they were firmly in control. The other teamed scored late, but never had a chance at victory. They aren’t getting as many turnovers, but their offense is at least top 3 in the league, and the young defense is a bit better (slightly above average).

38 minutes ago, Shady Slim said:

F8EC00E1-F6C0-4ED7-BA24-9E48DFC316E3-903

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Shady Slim said:

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

It's the first one I'm considering declining. I'll probably allow it because I don't want to have too heavy of a hand on things and I don't really see a history of the poster trying to mess things up

But its hard to see the argument for him at 5

4 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

It's the first one I'm considering declining. I'll probably allow it because I don't want to have too heavy of a hand on things and I don't really see a history of the poster trying to mess things up

But its hard to see the argument for him at 5

I’d just accept it, but maybe next time add something like “anyone abusing the system, to get another party more “points” will have their vote rejected”. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

I’d just accept it, but maybe next time add something like “anyone abusing the system, to get another party more “points” will have their vote rejected”. 

it's in the first paragraph of OP

if it were clearly a fan of a specific team or loud poster doing something like this I would reject it. I just don't see the evidence that this poster has a vested interest in it and I don't want to be influencing with that kind of call unless it seems obvious

On 1/5/2021 at 2:43 PM, Tk3 said:

I'd call the 2 Allen votes a moderate surprise, but its a bigger surprise to me that we have zero Mahomes first places. Don't get me wrong - I think Rodgers should be unanimous, but I'm surprised that the "Rodgers and Mahomes are 1a and 1b" crowd from the last few weeks didn't translate into any Mahomes votes thus far

Rodgers has better numbers than both while having 50 less attempts than Allen, and 60 less than Mahomes (and Mahomes didn't even play last week.) Give Rodgers that extra 1.5-2 games worth of attempts and it would really paint the picture of how much better he's been than the rest. Glad the votes are reflecting that

Edited by smetana34