Jump to content

At least we got one nice gift today...


Recommended Posts

In a crappy day of football that most of us are undoubtably drinking to forget, Ryan TanneGod does his former team a solid with a huge last second heave to AJ Brown, leading to the field goal that will secure us the 3rd Overall Pick!

Granted, it's probably a spot we want to trade down from but this could be a massive boon for us regardless.

Tannehill_Getty_Ringer.jpg

Thank you based Tannehill. Good luck in your playoff run... Miami misses you ❤️

Link to post
Share on other sites

Plan A - Pray a team falls in love with Wilson and gives us the world to trade up.

Plan B - Hope Bengals want to trade up for Sewell. Leaving us with either Parsons or the best receiver.

Plan C - Take Sewell, move Jackson to RT, Hunt to RG and move Kindley to LG permanently. Flowers and Davis as backups. Grab a WR with the 18th pick.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Emerica said:

Plan A - Pray a team falls in love with Wilson and gives us the world to trade up.

Plan B - Hope Bengals want to trade up for Sewell. Leaving us with either Parsons or the best receiver.

Plan C - Take Sewell, move Jackson to RT, Hunt to RG and move Kindley to LG permanently. Flowers and Davis as backups. Grab a WR with the 18th pick.

 

I think your "Plan B" is the most likely to occur, and I'd love it.

Although if the Jets pass on Fields, suddenly the King's Bounty of your Plan A becomes a distinct possibility.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the most frustrating thing about today is the only talking point about Miami is will they draft a qb leading up to the draft. Though they have been pretty clear and adamant that Tua is the guy.   

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Phinsesq said:

I think the most frustrating thing about today is the only talking point about Miami is will they draft a qb leading up to the draft. Though they have been pretty clear and adamant that Tua is the guy.   

I wouldn't say the most frustrating thing, but it's up there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Phinsesq said:

I think the most frustrating thing about today is the only talking point about Miami is will they draft a qb leading up to the draft. Though they have been pretty clear and adamant that Tua is the guy.   

Tua looked like garbo today.  The criticism is fair.  Just ignore the talking heads.  Fins are in a ridiculously good spot draft-wise. 

I'm looking at the Lions at either 6 or 7 (depending on Eagles) to be a primo trade partner.  New GM and new head coach are going to want their own QB.  There is guaranteed to be one of the top QBs available at our pick and if they want that guy, they need to jump the Falcons to make sure they get him.  Take Smith with their pick.  Then use some of that draft capital to move up from 18 to 12 or so and take Waddle.  Smitty and Waddle reunited with Tua gives me the warm fuzzies.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure where to put this but I read we are in line to coach one of the teams at the Senior Bowl since JAX and NYJ are changing coaches. I can't see them declining the opportunity so that's another thing we have going for us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Emerica said:

Not sure where to put this but I read we are in line to coach one of the teams at the Senior Bowl since JAX and NYJ are changing coaches. I can't see them declining the opportunity so that's another thing we have going for us.

nice

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tellin you it's all Justin Herbert's fault for having the best rookie QB season in NFL history. Tua had an above-average rookie QB season but no one seems to have noticed due to Herbert's incredible output. 

If the Fins trade down and get more 2021 and 2022 picks, I will be grinning. That's how you stay ahead of the curve. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FinSting said:

Tellin you it's all Justin Herbert's fault for having the best rookie QB season in NFL history. Tua had an above-average rookie QB season but no one seems to have noticed due to Herbert's incredible output. 

If the Fins trade down and get more 2021 and 2022 picks, I will be grinning. That's how you stay ahead of the curve. 

Also the media wanted to make the benching of Fitzpatrick a big story, which led to a lot of people actively rooting against Tua, I think.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Also the media wanted to make the benching of Fitzpatrick a big story, which led to a lot of people actively rooting against Tua, I think.

Agreed, trying to create a story and of course peoples personal bias will always play into it, they dislike Alabama or dislike Miami. Having actually watched every game and not basing my opinion off 1 or 2 games or what talking head x says, it would be asinine for Miami to draft a "new" QB. Drafting a backup/developmental QB late is fine of course many will read into it. 

Honestly, I don't think it is a real concern absent video of Trevor Lawrence allegedly smoking crack surfacing, and him slipping to 3. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Also the media wanted to make the benching of Fitzpatrick a big story, which led to a lot of people actively rooting against Tua, I think.

Speaking of FitzMagic...does he come back? Or ride his recent fame boost to a big contract with another team as starter?

Really like the vibe with Fitz as mentor and hope he stays to help Tua. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, FinSting said:

Speaking of FitzMagic...does he come back? Or ride his recent fame boost to a big contract with another team as starter?

Really like the vibe with Fitz as mentor and hope he stays to help Tua. 

I can't really foresee any team signing him as a starter. I'd like to resign him because I think he's been a good mentor for Tua but he may also continue to be a distraction due to the media.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, FinSting said:

Speaking of FitzMagic...does he come back? Or ride his recent fame boost to a big contract with another team as starter?

Really like the vibe with Fitz as mentor and hope he stays to help Tua. 

Interesting, New England may give him a shot to compete with Cam. If he wants to just start there are likely going to be some options, but If that is his goal he might be served best to wait and see what injuries unfold in training camp or early in the season. I don't think anyone looks at Fitz and sees long term solution but they do see a gamer who will leave it all on the field good or bad. Guy has been a class act and I wish him the best whatever he decides and with whoever he plays for. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...