At least we got one nice gift today...

TheKillerNacho

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I can't really foresee any team signing him as a starter. I'd like to resign him because I think he's been a good mentor for Tua but he may also continue to be a distraction due to the media.

I thought about the distraction part of it, but I think this coaching staff has a good handle on that, all the outside talk is just noise. I don't think that would be the issue on which they base the decision to keep him on the roster. 

This is going to be a LONG offseason of me not being productive at work, while doing countless mock draft simulators.  The ones that let you trade picks are what gets me.  I'm getting the perfect players for our team for 2021 AND multiple early rounds picks in 2022.  This is some madden-type stuff, and I love it.

On 1/4/2021 at 12:54 AM, Emerica said:

Plan A - Pray a team falls in love with Wilson and gives us the world to trade up.

Plan B - Hope Bengals want to trade up for Sewell. Leaving us with either Parsons or the best receiver.

Plan C - Take Sewell, move Jackson to RT, Hunt to RG and move Kindley to LG permanently. Flowers and Davis as backups. Grab a WR with the 18th pick.

Would love plan A. Expect plan B.

if we take Sewell would we better playing him at Right Tackle to protect Tua’s blindside? Flowers is our best guard at the moment. Need a centre for next season too.

On 1/4/2021 at 6:57 PM, Emerica said:

Not sure where to put this but I read we are in line to coach one of the teams at the Senior Bowl since JAX and NYJ are changing coaches. I can't see them declining the opportunity so that's another thing we have going for us.

On 1/4/2021 at 8:52 PM, Emerica said:

Welp apparently it isn't true. The guy in charge of the Senior Bowl denied it on twitter. Oh well

Well I don’t know what to believe anymore. Seems like its actually true then. Good news for us.

• Like 2

On 1/5/2021 at 3:05 PM, mountainpd said:

If we take Sewell would we better playing him at Right Tackle to protect Tua’s blindside?

This is the classic dilemma with lefty QBs.  Do you put your best tackle at left or right?

Let's pretend we have drafted BPA, and land Sewell.  And let's also assume we put him at RT.

- Austin Jackson might play well at LT and demand LT money, or he walks.

- Sewell will obviously demand LT money given his talent, or he walks.

We're now stuck paying for two left tackles, which will weaken the interior.  Also consider:

- The best pass rushers will normally be lined up over the LT.

So if Jackson struggles there, we might have to switch Sewell and Jackson anyway.  And if that happens we are playing the lesser tackle at RT, which is Tua's blind side.

It's the classic damned if you and damned if you don't scenario.  Don't get me wrong, if we land Sewell I'll be thrilled for the sake of Tua's protection.  But having a lefty QB presents inevitable  problems in the salary cap era.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think Detroit views Goff as a long term solution, they were given a pick to take on Goff's salary. I think they are interested in a QB still. My question is, do they let Golladay walk in free agency?

Edited by Phinsesq
Mistakenly had Stafford at the beginning of the sentence.

13 hours ago, Phinsesq said:

I don't think Detroit view Stafford as a long term solution, they were given a pick to take on Goff's salary. I think they are interested in a QB still. My question is, do they let Golladay walk in free agency?

I agree.  I think they still try and deal Goff for another pick.  With them being willing to accept 1st round picks a couple years into the future, it means they are in for a full rebuild over the long haul.  You don't pay a Jared Goff $30 million a year to be mediocre during a full rebuild.  

16 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

I agree.  I think they still try and deal Goff for another pick.  With them being willing to accept 1st round picks a couple years into the future, it means they are in for a full rebuild over the long haul.  You don't pay a Jared Goff $30 million a year to be mediocre during a full rebuild.  

I also wouldn't be surprised if they try and package everything they just got plus some and make a move on Watson.