Colts@Bills WC Weekend

bigbadbuff

Who Wins  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins

• Bills
    • Colts

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

Rivers played as well as he could have.  But the limits he has were on full display for the 2 min drill.  And on several deep balls. 

He's a guy who's going to help a regular season team win 9-11 games.   But he's also not a guy who can bring a team back on his own arm talent lightning quick.  Before ppl point out the 2 comeback TD drives - they were set up with 40+ yards in running, with huge chunk plays.    That's why IND couldn't afford to get behind.  They almost pulled it off, but the reality is that when IND looks to their 2021 chances, if they want to be a decent team that is playoff-bound, they can stick it out with Rivers.   If they want to be a playoff team that can go deep in the playoffs - they need to upgrade the position.

The other area they can decide to fix - Reich's game management.   He should take a long hard look at his 1H game management - it ends up being the difference.   And that's no coincidence IMO.   In playoff games, margins are magnified - and Reich's 1st and goal playcalling for both drives in the 1H were seriously bad.   As was his decision to pass up the FG.    Ironic it's the difference.

As for BUF - their Achilles will always be facing teams who can run the ball and shorten the game.   It almost worked.  But full credit to Allen, he was a a baller (just don't always need to be the hero protecting a lead next time).    They would be well-served by facing PIT next week.   

I agree with you that he could retire  because his arm isn't that great anymore but he's 20 times better than Peyton at the point Manning was on his last Super Bowl. Also you make it seem that he only played well when they were down 14 points when in reality he was outperforming Bills offense from the get go. Lots of drops (including for big plays and TD), bad decisions, an easy kick missed plus his stupid coach trying to review the most obvious down by contact play of 2020 and calling a timeout because he was worried of the ref throwing flags for delay of game because the stupid color commentator was bringing attention to it for some reason. Those were the reasons why Colts lost today. 

People thought Rivers was be the reason they'd lose but he was outperforming the 2nd best QB in 2020 in the passing game. The rest of the colts that let him down.

Now, as I agreed with you, he lost a lot of arm strength and should retire. But he did really well all game. 

2 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

Who knows if Rivers comes back but lol at people blaming him for this loss. Kicker missed an easy FG. Frank Reich calls a toss play inside the 2 yard line which loses yards. That’s at least 6 points off the board in a 3 point loss. 

Missed FG was HUGE

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LaFellSBXLIXMVP said:

I agree with you that he could retire  because his arm isn't that great anymore but he's 20 times better than Peyton at the point Manning was on his last Super Bowl. Also you make it seem that he only played well when they were down 14 points when in reality he was outperforming Bills offense from the get go. Lots of drops (including for big plays and TD), bad decisions, an easy kick missed plus his stupid coach trying to review the most obvious down by contact play of 2020 and calling a timeout because he was worried of the ref throwing flags for delay of game because the stupid color commentator was bringing attention to it for some reason. Those were the reasons why Colts lost today. 

People thought Rivers was be the reason they'd lose but he was outperforming the 2nd best QB in 2020 in the passing game. The rest of the colts that let him down.

Now, as I agreed with you, he lost a lot of arm strength and should retire. But he did really well all game. 

This just isn't true

Like.. you can DEFINITELY win the Super Bowl with the Rivers we saw today, and one of his best games of the season - but he was NOT the best QB on the field this afternoon

19 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

To be fair

Allen played LEGITIMATE hero ball for basically the entire game

Oh absolutely. And with Allen you'd rather him play with that kind of spirit than not for the most part (see: the first TD). But there's no doubt that plays like that fumble are where he needs to realize he's not invincible - he's extremely lucky that wasn't a game-losing, season-ending fumble for him and his team. 

This was a fun season Colts got some nice pieces to build from. They gave the Bills a great game something they didn’t see for a month. I think their top 4 in cap space. I would love to get a QB like Stafford or Dak. I like what Rivers have done but his limitations are just to obvious to ignore.

6 minutes ago, LaFellSBXLIXMVP said:

I agree with you that he could retire

Dude he CAN'T. Do you know how many kids he has to put through college!? I bet he also bartends and drives for Uber on his days off just to make ends meet in that household.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blackstar12 said:

This was a fun season Colts got some nice pieces to build from. They gave the Bills a great game something they didn’t see for a month. I think their top 4 in cap space. I would love to get a QB like Stafford or Dak. I like what Rivers have done but his limitations are just to obvious to ignore.

I think Dallas should sign Stafford/Ryan/Rivers. Let Dak walk. Preferably one of the first two as they can stay on for a couple years. I don’t think Dak is worth the money. Colts would be a perfect fit for him.

• Like 1

Just now, WheatieMan said:

The missing rings.... 06-09 Chargers sums it up. Rivers would have had 1-2 AFC Championships if he had a coach and clutch kicker. 

Rivers is a dangerous case study in how even for young QB's, you're never actually really guaranteed that next shot at a title. Dude has been around for 15 years but his first go in the playoffs - the14-2 Schottenheimer Chargers that went one and done in 06 - is still the best chance Rivers ever had a championship and Marlon McCree fumbled it away from him. 

• Like 1

Just now, Blackstar12 said:

Colts are in a GOOD spot if they can figure out QB

That is a nice defense, Taylor is legit, Pittman has been an EXTREMELY underrated rookie WR with all the other ones who have gotten more buzz. Oline is TOUGH.

Stafford seems like a good target IMO

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Oh absolutely. And with Allen you'd rather him play with that kind of spirit than not for the most part (see: the first TD). But there's no doubt that plays like that fumble are where he needs to realize he's not invincible - he's extremely lucky that wasn't a game-losing, season-ending fumble for him and his team. 

I honestly didn't think he made a horrible play.  The rush was on him almost instantly.  He tried to get out of the first sack.  When he saw how much yardage he was losing he tried to secure the ball and go down.  Credit the Colts for ripping it out.

You can't tell Josh to give himself up at the first sign of pressure.  His ability to break lose in those type of situations is what led to so many big plays earlier in the game.  Huge losses like that are just a part of his game you gotta accept given how many of those he turns into positives. 

15 minutes ago, LaFellSBXLIXMVP said:

No argument that he played as well as he could.   But his limitations prevent the Colts from hanging with elite teams.   That’s pretty clear.    His deep ball limits cost him in 1H on Hilton’s pass.   And it’s a recurring theme this season (and last year FWIW).

INDY shouldn’t be interested in simply making the playoffs.   They are close to being an elite team.   Upgrading from Rivers gets them very close if not there. 

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, VanS said:

I honestly didn't think he made a horrible play.  The rush was on him almost instantly.  He tried to get out of the first sack.  When he saw how much yardage he was losing he tried to secure the ball and go down.  Credit the Colts for ripping it out.

You can't tell Josh to give himself up at the first sign of pressure.  His ability to break lose in those type of situations is what led to so many big plays earlier in the game.  Huge losses like that are just a part of his game you gotta accept given how many of those he turns into positives. 

He basically got a mulligan and still fumbled because he thought he could break out of the sack again and didn't properly secure the football. It was a dumb play by a QB who had an otherwise awesome game, no reason to overthink it. 

You accept the bad with the good when it comes to Allen because the good will far outweigh the bad is a perfectly fine philosophy to have and probably the right one in terms of how the Bills should manage Allen, but that doesn't mean the bad isn't bad. 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli