Colts@Bills WC Weekend

Who Wins  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins

• Bills
    • Colts

3 hours ago, Phinsesq said:

How many times do you see it, don't take the points with a fg trying for a failed td, and that ends up being the difference. Take the points. 

What does the data tell you? If you have a higher probability to win the game by going for a TD vs a field goal then you go for it. Taking the points is an old school mentality and is almost like playing to lose.

Edit: I should probably emphasize that analytics only helps you make the decision, you still have to come up with the right plays 😂

Edited by Xenos
55 minutes ago, Xenos said:

What does the data tell you? If you have a higher probability to win the game by going for a TD vs a field goal then you go for it. Taking the points is an old school mentality and is almost like playing to lose.

Edit: I should probably emphasize that analytics only helps you make the decision, you still have to come up with the right plays 😂

I guess Reich will have plenty of time in the offense season to study what the right play should have been, like kicking the field goal, true FGs aren't guaranteed either but are far more likely from that range. I don't have any skin in the game, not a fan of either team. Indy had plenty of chances to win and failed to get it done. No shame in losing to Buffalo they are a legit team. 

9 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

So yes, it was designed for Knox to be there.

Is it possible it was designed... yes... but may have been tremendous field awareness. He could have just realized play wasnt going anywhere and saw a wide open section of endzone to slip into.

However im gonna say its an optiomn simply because linemen didnt get up field. If they got up field on a run pass option and QB decides to pass then its a penalty. If it was strictly run id expect linemen to be trying to get up field 

41 minutes ago, rich homie said:

I find it amazing that people can actually watch that game and come to the conclusion that Philip Rivers is the reason the Colts lost.

Mixture of;

Bills offense was the best unit on the day, lost opportunities for Colts and a couple questionable playcalls. IMO.

On 1/9/2021 at 8:55 PM, Trentwannabe said:

So yes, it was designed for Knox to be there.

I hate Orvlovsky's takes in the scripted "debate format" tv appearances - but he is very good when he is just simply explaining detailed concepts of football

On 1/10/2021 at 6:39 AM, Kmart128 said:

Is it possible it was designed... yes... but may have been tremendous field awareness. He could have just realized play wasnt going anywhere and saw a wide open section of endzone to slip into.

However im gonna say its an optiomn simply because linemen didnt get up field. If they got up field on a run pass option and QB decides to pass then its a penalty. If it was strictly run id expect linemen to be trying to get up field 

idk, if it was a planned QB draw his only job is to block that corner

It's pretty wild how close we came to all the AFC Wild Cards winning. Only the Bills held serve, and it was a back and forth game. Not surprising because we knew the AFC Playoff field was loaded and that the 7 best teams got in. We were close to a 5 seed hosting a 6 seed in the second round, which would have been crazy.

4 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

It's pretty wild how close we came to all the AFC Wild Cards winning. Only the Bills held serve, and it was a back and forth game. Not surprising because we knew the AFC Playoff field was loaded and that the 7 best teams got in. We were close to a 5 seed hosting a 6 seed in the second round, which would have been crazy.

*Steelers have entered the chat*