The Good, the Bad the NON-LOSING SEASON vs. Donkeys

RaidersAreOne

The Good:

Season is over and I don't have to watch our flaming trash bin of a defense again for at least 9 months. 

We know we have a couple of major players on O going forward.

The Bad:

We're likely going to field a God awful D again next year. It's a pattern and absolutely nothing Mayock nor Gruden have done on the D deserves any defense or optimism. Our scouting on D just plain sucks. Our decision making sucks. No competent staff starts Dallin Leavitt, Jeff Heath, etc as starting players. The sheer number of scrubs we trotted out on a weekly basis has only gotten worse over the years and at this point is just plain LOL worthy. We all know how lucky we got to win this- especially after the long pass (again) and Worley's astonishing stupidity. I know we're unfortunately with Abram, and Mullen is alright, but nobody else in our secondary belongs on a professional football team. Just a bad joke of a D that even commentators make fun of without remorse.

The Ugly:

Our year is done and it really didn't have to be. But I've never been happier, considering the changes that MIGHT be forced...

...If not, get ready for more mediocre football under Gruden for a while

Now those of us who fall into the "Mayock is clueless" camp get to fret how badly we screw up this upcoming draft. James Skalski with the 3rd round pick incoming in 5...4...3...

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Nightmare said:

It was positive to see Edwards make a couple of nice catches today, including his first TD. Hopefully both he and Ruggs will be able to make much bigger contributions to the offense in 2021 after having an actual off-season where they can build some chemistry with Carr.

Seeing Edwards make big plays and the flashes Moreau has made in his limited playing time you really have to ask yourself why Zay Jones and Jason Witten played over them throughout the season. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I know seeing the late season collapse was heart breaking but even 10-6 Miami didn’t make the playoffs.  We’d have had to Go 11-5 and if we had a tie Breaker over Indy, Cleveland, or Baltimore and if not would have had to go 12-4.

We should have beat SD and Miami but even then we’d have been 10-6 and missed playoffs 

I don't believe this is completely true because at one point we were in the drivers seat if we had won the games we were supposed to then we were in no matter what.

8 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

I don't believe this is completely true because at one point we were in the drivers seat if we had won the games we were supposed to then we were in no matter what.

This years team again exceeded my expectations 

pre season drama again This time with our 3rd pick and Ruggs moonlighting as a furniture mover ty will got hurt got rid of a good nt for some guy from dall

once Trent went down I knew we were toast, then ruggs Got hurt burnt toast, then Edwards, etc I thought 8-8 at best. 

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

pre season drama again This time with our 3rd pick and Ruggs moonlighting as a furniture mover ty will got hurt got rid of a good nt for some guy from dall

once Trent went down I knew we were toast, then ruggs Got hurt burnt toast, then Edwards, etc I thought 8-8 at best. 

Don't forget Waller being overrated. That really hurt this year.

5 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Maybe I’m wrong but I don’t think so....

the 3 wildcard teams (Baltimore, Cleveland, Tennessee) all finished 11-5

https://www.nfl.com/standings/playoff-picture

and we weren’t ever going to win the division cuz KC was 14-2

Maybe we had a tie Breaker over one of those 3 wildcard teams but we’d have had to be 11-5 to go to the tiebreaker 

https://www.nfl.com/standings/tie-breaking-procedures

we finished 8-8.... If we won Miami and LA Chargers were 10-6 and not in the playoffs 

We’d also have had to beat Indy to get to 11-5 (assuming we had a tie breaker over one of those 3 teams)

so after the 6-3 start we start we lost to KC and then Atl and were 6-5

Then beat NYJ and were 7-5....

And would have had to beat:

indy then LA Chargers then Miami (all losses) ....

then we did beat Denver 

But if iM wrong please correct me.

Edited by jimkelly02

8 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

When we were 6-4 with everybody talking about a weak rest of schedule you thought we would end up 8-8?

3 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Maybe I’m wrong but I don’t think so....

the 3 wildcard teams (Baltimore, Cleveland, Tennessee) all finished 11-5

https://www.nfl.com/standings/playoff-picture

and we weren’t ever going to win the division cuz KC was 14-2

Maybe we had a tie Breaker over one of those 3 wildcard teams but we’d have had to be 11-5 to go to the tiebreaker 

https://www.nfl.com/standings/tie-breaking-procedures

we finished 8-8.... If we won Miami and LA Chargers were 10-6 and not in the playoffs 

We’d also have had to beat Indy to get to 11-5 (assuming we had a tie breaker over one of those 3 teams)

so after the 6-3 start we start we lost to KC and then Atl and were 6-5

Then beat NYJ and were 7-5....

And would have had to beat:

indy then LA Chargers then Miami (all losses) ....

then we did beat Denver 

But if iM wrong please correct me.

We were in control at 6-3 we were supposed to beat a bad ATL and Jets teams that's 8-4, that's why we controlled our own destiny, we were expected to beat LA, MIA, DEN, anyway other teams kept winning and we started losing and gave up our position.

24 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

We were in control at 6-3 we were supposed to beat a bad ATL and Jets teams that's 8-4, that's why we controlled our own destiny, we were expected to beat LA, MIA, DEN, anyway other teams kept winning and we started losing and gave up our position.

Let’s try this again....

I made a statement that even if we beat MIA and LAC we still wouldn’t have made the playoffs... thus winning the last 3 games.

you said I was incorrect

I rebuttled with were 8-8... if we beat Mia and LAC we’d be 10-6... and you needed to be 11-5 and have a tie breaker over just 1 of Indy, Balt, Cleveland who are all 11-5 too.

and you come back Talking about the Atlanta game in week 12.

your talking about something different than what I CLEARLY said.  I wasn’t talking about after the 6-3 start.  But when we were 6-3.... it ended up working out so That we would have had to Finish 5-2.  Then we’d have been 11-5 and in a 4 way tie for 3 wildcard spots.  By virtue of beating Cleveland we’d have gotten in over them.

I Didn’t say after the 6-3 start we couldn’t have made the playoffs.  It was possible but would have been hard.

This wasn’t some excuse making post.... I simply was stating how hard it was to make the playoffs in the AFC this year.  

8 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Don't forget Waller being overrated. That really hurt this year.

Sorry for even thinking about waller developing his blocking skills and become a complete te please forgive me 🙄. You’re right as long as he catches the ball nothing else matters.