Wildcard weekend GDT: Colts @ Bills 1:05pm Saturday

Trentwannabe

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

Im not concerned about the Colts as I am with this team making mental errors. We are the 4th most penalized team in the NFL. We are also 0-2 when Allen throws multiple Ints. If we can overcome by not making these mental mistakes I wont be that concerned. I know the last 5 weeks the offense has turned it on but there have been several games that the bills blew the lead and almost lost them, one being the Cardinals game. We just need to continue to play clean ball and not get in to the funk we use to be in come 3rd qtr going in to the 4th qtr. I may be over reacting but it could be the mental abuse this team has given me for over 3 decades that I question everything lol.... it is to good to be true that this team has been playing the way they have and it not ending negatively cause thats what they usually do. 

I definitely get the overreaction lol. I think we're all waiting for the wheels to fall off this thing.

I'm not too concerned Allen and the turnovers. That is true for any team really, you can't lose the turnover battle and expect to win often. The Bills have played really well and mistake free football since the bye week. All three phases have just been clicking. Both Micah Hyde and Dawkins have spoken about that loss to Arizona and what it's done to the team. A loss may be in the future but IMO it's going to happen when we face a superior team and it's one of those times where our best just isn't good enough.

4 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Diggs has said he’s fine and was dancing around at practice. Zero concern for me that he plays. Beasley is probably more a legitimate question mark.

Colts will be without starting CB Rock Ya Sin.

Beas has played all year with nagging stuff, 0 chance he misses this game, dude is a warrior.

13 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Beas has played all year with nagging stuff, 0 chance he misses this game, dude is a warrior.

I don’t doubt he is ready to go and mentally capable. Wouldn’t surprise me if McDermott and the training staff be conservative with him knowing how he important he is moving forward should we win.

28 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Bills threw 28 of the first 30 plays against Seattle. 

I kind of expect the same thing tomorrow.

This. I honestly want to throw the ball 70% of the time unless we get out to a big lead and need to kill clock.

Reasons:

• Colts pass D <<<< Colts run D
  • Colts are missing one of their starting CBs
  • Deforest Buckner is questionable but looks like he'll play. He's their best interior DL with 9.5 sacks and if his ankle isn't 100% in the cold, we should throw the ball around.
  • Colts play a zone based defense. Josh Allen has shown he can beat both but against zone D's this year he has eaten them alive with short and intermediate routes. 

Part of me is very confident but part of me is still the pessimistic Bills fan lol. The Bills should win this game and match up nicely but until there is 0 seconds on the clock I won't take it for granted lol.

• Like 1

I feel good coming into this game, I definitely am glad we are not playing Baltimore or Tennessee in the 1st rd.

That being said, I think the Colts best chance to win will be with JT behind that OL. Our run defense still does worry me some when we are not blitzing. If the Colts replicate what KC did with CEH, I think that could be the thermal exhaust port to our deathstar.

Obviously I still think we will win and Rivers will make a few mistakes that will go our way, but I do have cause for concern.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

Part of me is very confident but part of me is still the pessimistic Bills fan lol. The Bills should win this game and match up nicely but until there is 0 seconds on the clock I won't take it for granted lol.

I think this is what most of us are going through lol. Bills have always broken our hearts and a loss tomorrow would be the worst one yet. It’s weird but I trust this offense to do enough every game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Maxmw22 said:

I feel good coming into this game, I definitely am glad we are not playing Baltimore or Tennessee in the 1st rd.

That being said, I think the Colts best chance to win will be with JT behind that OL. Our run defense still does worry me some when we are not blitzing. If the Colts replicate what KC did with CEH, I think that could be the thermal exhaust port to our deathstar.

Obviously I still think we will win and Rivers will make a few mistakes that will go our way, but I do have cause for concern.

I think the main difference will be, in that Chiefs game we wanted to take away the pass game. Which opened things up for CEH.

Against Tennessee and Las Vegas we wanted to take away the run and we did. I think the Bills sell out early to take away JT and as long as our offense is clicking, the Colts will be forced to play catch-up.

Just now, The BILLievers said:

Wow.. this has me thinking they are going to go super run heavy.

I say man up the WR's and stack the box all game long. 

I think the defensive game plan will be very similar to ours vs Pittsburgh. They’ll dare Rivers to be the one to beat them while clamping down on routes. 

4 hours ago, Maxmw22 said:

The issue we had with KC is an underlying injury issue in which we were without both Matt Milano and Levi Wallace. May sound like an excuse or not that big of a deal but the thing is we had to go to Zone as Josh Norman need assistance and now that Levi and Tre are healthy they will be able to play man. Also Kc has weapons outside of TY who do the colts have? I assume Levi and Tre will handle him and Pittman but TE is lacking and Rivers tends to do a ton of screen plays to Hines. So stacking the box could be very effective, allowing man coverage forcing rivers to beat the bills in the air over the ground game.