๐Ÿˆ PLAYOFFS ๐Ÿˆ Bucs (11-5) @ Washington (7-9)

bucsfan333

'NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports "there's some optimism"ย Mike Evans will play in Saturday night's Wild Card game against Washington.

Evans was present for Tuesday's walkthrough but didn't do enough to earn a limited tag. The Bucs don't want to risk further damage, but there's hope he can play through hisย hyperextended knee this week. Evans has a history of playing effective when injured, so he shouldย be more than just a decoy if active.'

I'd bet my children's college tuition that Evans will be out there in some capacity. He hasn't waited this long to sit on the sidelines...

ย 

16 hours ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

He's almost 100% certainly going to dress, but actually making an impact is a different matter. I'm expecting him to be used as a decoy more than anything.ย 

I don't think he'll be just a decoy, I think he'll continue to be a redzone target, as he's been all year...

I definitely think he'll be on a snap count though and we'll likely see most of those snaps in the redzone...

• Like 1

I remember as late as the Bears game, Gronk looked stiff and old.ย  As the season went on his producrion went up.ย  Over 600 yds and 7 TDs, not too shabby.

Which leads me to AB.ย  Season didn t start until the 9 th game.ย  He looked like the reincarnation of Ike Hilliard with a yds per catch similiar to a RBย  running the ball.ย  His uptick in production really didn t start until the first Falcons game.

If Evans is limited or can t go, Brown looks to have knocked the rust similiar to the time frame of Gronk.ย  As long as the Oline holds up, still plenty of options to get thru the WFT secondary.

• Like 1

CBS did a different kind of ranking, as they ranked the coaching staffs of the 14 playoff teams...

We came in at #11 with this to say:

For a coach who made his name as a "no risk-it, no biscuit" guy, Arians sure is conservative on game days. The Buccaneers went for it only 14.1 percent of the time on fourth down this season, per Pro Football Focus and Tru Media, the sixth-lowest rate in the league. Arians and Byron Leftwich also did not make much of an effort to tailor their offense toย Tom Brady'sย skill set, and that shone through when the team played against opponents with strong defenses and largely struggled to score. The offensive success of this team seems far more attributable to the talent on hand than anything endemic to the system or coaching. Bowles is a fantastic defensive coordinator who coaches one of the most aggressive and versatile units in theย NFL. But it's an offensive league, and specifically a passing league, and his defense is better against the run than it is against aerial attacks.ย 

7 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

CBS did a different kind of ranking, as they ranked the coaching staffs of the 14 playoff teams...

We came in at #11 with this to say:

For a coach who made his name as a "no risk-it, no biscuit" guy, Arians sure is conservative on game days. The Buccaneers went for it only 14.1 percent of the time on fourth down this season, per Pro Football Focus and Tru Media, the sixth-lowest rate in the league. Arians and Byron Leftwich also did not make much of an effort to tailor their offense toย Tom Brady'sย skill set, and that shone through when the team played against opponents with strong defenses and largely struggled to score. The offensive success of this team seems far more attributable to the talent on hand than anything endemic to the system or coaching. Bowles is a fantastic defensive coordinator who coaches one of the most aggressive and versatile units in theย NFL. But it's an offensive league, and specifically a passing league, and his defense is better against the run than it is against aerial attacks.ย 

Can't disagree with any of this tbh

Its going to com down to a few factors tomorrow night

Winfield needs to be man up on Logan Thomas and not let him get catches. Minter can't be guarding Thomasย  and David is a little long in the tooth to match-up with Thomas's athleticism. Thomas is who Smith is going to pepper with targets and we need to take that away.

The O Line needs to hold up for just long enough to let Brady get the quick passes out and establish a rhythm.

That said I still think we take it to them and win easily.