🏈 PLAYOFFS 🏈 Bucs (11-5) @ Washington (7-9)

bucsfan333

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I really think he figured it out during the bye.

Seems like it. Can’t really give him or the offense grief. I’d be willing to bet that while he will still have his head scratching moments, if Bowles was on the other sideline Lefty would wreck him right now.

6 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Β 

Cappa is all MAN.Β  Pain fears him.Β  I luv this guy!!!!Β 

Licht drafted Donny, Marpet, Cappa and Wirfs. Wirfs was the only one touted as a top T can’t miss kinda guy. The fact he hit on all the others (yeah I know Donny is up and down) and did it with later picks is veryΒ impressive. Adding Jensen in FA was great too. Hats off to Licht.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Licht drafted Donny, Marpet, Cappa and Wirfs. Wirfs was the only one touted as a top T can’t miss kinda guy. The fact he hit on all the others (yeah I know Donny is up and down) and did it with later picks is veryΒ impressive. Adding Jensen in FA was great too. Hats off to Licht.

Yeah in a league where the quality of OL is few and far in between, we are in a good situation than most clubs. I’d say this is a top 10 unit. This team could use a Jeremy Zuttah type player 6th man that can spot start at a few positions decently. Now, can we do something about the cornerbacks. He does well finding good OL but we cant find the easier position to evaluate on tape lol

1 hour ago, Lil' Shorty said:

drafting OLineΒ  = excellent

drafting CBs..... lets not talk about it

i wonder just how involved Licht is in drafting

at least as far as scouting and evaluation goes

maybe we just have great OLine scouts

Β 

Edited by BucsDraftGeek47
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

drafting OLineΒ  = excellent

drafting CBs..... lets not talk about it

i wonder just how involved Licht is in drafting

at least as far as scouting and evaluation goes

maybe we just have great OLine scouts

Β 

I dunno, I still think the draft is a crapshoot most of the time.Β 

Cappa Β was a good pick though. Cause I remember at the time, he was so undersized, but just had that tenacity and nastiness you want out of an o-lineman. Licht must have just seen his potential with gaining more size and it paid off. I dunno if he's pro bowl level though, but definitely solid. And Wirfs was the last of the big four O-lineman at a position of need. But, still gotta give them credit for not F-ing it up. Although they did try and trade up a few spots as I remember. So I'm not sure if it was to target a different O-lineman.Β 

58 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

I dunno, I still think the draft is a crapshoot most of the time.Β 

Cappa Β was a good pick though. Cause I remember at the time, he was so undersized, but just had that tenacity and nastiness you want out of an o-lineman. Licht must have just seen his potential with gaining more size and it paid off. I dunno if he's pro bowl level though, but definitely solid. And Wirfs was the last of the big four O-lineman at a position of need. But, still gotta give them credit for not F-ing it up. Although they did try and trade up a few spots as I remember. So I'm not sure if it was to target a different O-lineman.Β 

yea have to give them credit

i think we would have taken any Tackle that was there but still they could have taken Javon Kinlaw and our season would have been completely different

we've seen whiffs in the past like one of that one draft where i was screaming at my TV to take Cam Jordan at like 23? but instead we took Clayborn for some reason and have had to watch Jordan be great on a rival for years

our OLine is set either way regardless of if i feel that D Smith is a lazy dude and only plays when he's motivated lol

now we just have to get some DLine and for the love of God at least 1 good corner

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

How would you feel about the Bucs moving to the NFC East, meaning the Cowboys go to the NFC South?

Think about it, Tampa Bay has a lot of transplants from the Northeast, including the three Northeast metros in the NFC East. And Dallas is more culturally Southern than Tampa Bay is.

3 hours ago, pf9 said:

How would you feel about the Bucs moving to the NFC East, meaning the Cowboys go to the NFC South?

Think about it, Tampa Bay has a lot of transplants from the Northeast, including the three Northeast metros in the NFC East. And Dallas is more culturally Southern than Tampa Bay is.

What? πŸ˜‚

• Like 1

15 hours ago, pf9 said:

Nah, I actually think the NFC South is one of the best geographically lined in the NFL. The only team you could make an argument for swapping would be Jacksonville for New Orleans, but even New Orleans is a natural fit...

The Cowboys simply drew the short straw, as they shouldn't be in NFC east if we're going geographically. They should be in a division with some combination of Texans, Chiefs and New Orleans or Tennessee...

There are a handful of teams out there like the Cowboys though, that make no sense in their current landscape (Chiefs, Colts, Dolphins). So you'd have to redraw quite a few divisions...