🏈 PLAYOFFS 🏈 Bucs (11-5) @ Washington (7-9)

bucsfan333

4 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Nah, I actually think the NFC South is one of the best geographically lined in the NFL. The only team you could make an argument for swapping would be Jacksonville for New Orleans, but even New Orleans is a natural fit...

The Cowboys simply drew the short straw, as they shouldn't be in NFC east if we're going geographically. They should be in a division with some combination of Texans, Chiefs and New Orleans or Tennessee...

There are a handful of teams out there like the Cowboys though, that make no sense in their current landscape (Chiefs, Colts, Dolphins). So you'd have to redraw quite a few divisions...

When realignment happened the league had no interest in splitting up the NFC East other then getting the Cards out of there.  Jerry Jones was not going to allow it.   

For a pretty long period of time before realignment the NFC East along with the Niners pretty much carried the league into the mega TV contracts.

5 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Nah, I actually think the NFC South is one of the best geographically lined in the NFL. The only team you could make an argument for swapping would be Jacksonville for New Orleans, but even New Orleans is a natural fit...

The Cowboys simply drew the short straw, as they shouldn't be in NFC east if we're going geographically. They should be in a division with some combination of Texans, Chiefs and New Orleans or Tennessee...

There are a handful of teams out there like the Cowboys though, that make no sense in their current landscape (Chiefs, Colts, Dolphins). So you'd have to redraw quite a few divisions...

But didn't Jerruh wanna stay there to keep his rivalries?

Our rivalry with the Saints is pretty intense. I'd hate to give it up.

• Like 1

@ravishingoneand @bucsfan333 I know the politics/ money that were behind the last realignment. I'm not suggesting this should, or will happen...

I'm just pointing out that if everything was set aside and league did look at it, there are more teams and factors in play to align geographically correct than just the Cowboys...

Further proving, how minuscule a chance it would be...

• Like 1