GDT: Wildcard Playoffs: Ravens @ Titans

TitanLegend

15 minutes ago, 615finest said:

Random question. Could Clowney come back to play in the playoffs? I know he’s on IR just don’t remember how significant his injury was.

Thought about this last week, but after reading the surgery he had pretty much shuts him down for a few months. 

1 hour ago, 615finest said:

Random question. Could Clowney come back to play in the playoffs? I know he’s on IR just don’t remember how significant his injury was.

He technically could but Vrabel said when he went on IR they wouldn’t expect to see him

Sounded like there were going to be 2 type of surgeries for his injury and he chose the one that was supposedly going to end his season

Doubt we see Clowney

Still wondering if he get Humphries back his was concussion related but havnt heard anything about him either 

im skeptical about this game for many of the same reasons many of you guys are... lamar is on a quest to get his first playoff win, revenge from last year, and the fact that beating a team as well coached as them 3 times in a year is quite the task... i think we will pull it out tho.. we HAVE to stop the run.. their weakness is also our weakness... PASSING.. the saving grace is that our team (defense) knows how to play that offense. that should help us out... we shall see.. would be awesome to get hump back this week.

i really have zero expectations this playoff season. we're a team that can beat anyone, but lose to anyone, too. Our D is as awful as our O is great. 

more than anything...I want to see AJ get heavily involved in our offensive gameplans for every playoff game we play. He was not a part of the NE/BAL gameplans last year and flashed early against KC before we stopped looking his way.

in the playoffs you need your BIG GAME PLAYERS to perform. We know Henry does. Need AJ and Tanny to join the party for us to have a chance.

I will say I do try and stay upbeat and as positive and as realistic as a fan can be about their favorite team. Since about the Cleveland game I have had this awful feeling in my stomach about this team mostly because of everyone involved with the defense. 

The only playoff opponent I wanted to play first was Miami

Ravens offense isnt as prolific through the air but the Ravens are going to be tough to beat

The teams in this playoff series are 0-4 at home

Titans went out and danced on their logo last time, the coaches had beef last game

Ravens are going to come in motivated

Its just so hard to think this defense is going to do anything positive

I think the part that makes me the most sick is the Titans offense is probably the best Titans offense we ever seen and it is going to be wasted either this week or next

Just going to try and take it 1 day at a time and 1 game at a time but even with the 11-5 record and even winning the division title the Titans have a lot of work to do this offseason 

Only reason I think we stand a chance is because they aren’t a passing team.. we do pretty good against the run which is why I think we’ve had success with them. Not getting my hopes up because it is hard beating a team like thst 3 times in a row but I’m going to be optimistic 

• Like 1

Im encouraged by the first half tho.. if anything can be taken from yesterday, its that we played damn good and improved on defense.. they didnt look like a bad D in the first half at all.... that first half D, the second half D at home against the steelers and browns, is what we need for an entire game.. i think that complete performance is gonna come.. they are improving weekly, they arent consistent yet and havent done it for 4 quarters.. as crazy as it sounds, i dont think this defense will be the reason we lose. i know that sounds crazy, and we may still lose, but i dont think they will stink up the joint in the playoffs.. they'll be ready to play when it matters most.. these guys are battle tested if nothing else.

12 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Not sounding good 

I think Saffold missed the last Ravens game as well

ugh. and the ravens were missing an interior DL or two that game that they won't be next week. terrible, terrible time to lose saffold.

14 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Not sounding good 

I think Saffold missed the last Ravens game as well

Yea I just watched the extended highlights, he didn't play. Wouldn't brewer step in? He has looked pretty good. The whole Ravens defense is also really banged up.

After watching the highlights it makes me feel good about this game. We were down 10 and made silly mistakes in that game and still won. Tannehill played really well in bringing us back. He kind of took over and made some really clutch throws. I see this being a close game again. I hope we get Roberson back because he did a great job specifically in that game at holding his edge of the pocket along with Landry to not let Jackson scorch us on the ground. We were surprisingly getting some good pressure in that game. Hopefully having the secondary at full strength can help the pass rush a bit more in this game.