GDT: Wildcard Playoffs: Ravens @ Titans

TitanLegend

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

Two of the highest paid players had their worst game of the year.  Byard routinely was garbage. 

Derrick Henry needs to look in the mirror after yesterday's performance

OL sucked. but as Marshawn once said...you gotta run through a MF-er's face

8 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Man, that's bad. Definitely his last game here. I also recall him whiffing on a tackle in the flat on I think Edwards which would have been a 3rd down stop.

Yeah, came up and dove at his legs and barely made contact. 

I like Kenny, got plenty out of him as an emergency safety signing right before the season started a few years ago, but his limitations are really apparent. Hooker had some flashes, so at least it’s not a desperate need.

Everyone is so upset about the 4th down. I don't see it. The way I see it, it would have been scrutinized any way that would have went down. We run it on third and don't get it, which would have probably happened the way we played on the line and Henry wasn't exactly ripping off angry runs. I have no problem with the pass call. And punting on fourth I believe was the smart decision. We have one of the best punters in the league and time after time he has came through. He had a rare bad punt in that situation. Our d was actually a strong suit yesterday, oddly enough. I think if you pin them under the 5 there it's a whole different ball game. 

• Like 1

Just going to say this about yesterday: There's been some games, not often, but some, under Vrabel, where we come out looking flat and just punching the time clock to 'show up' at work and not really care. Outside of the AJ Brown touchdown drive, offensively, there felt like there was no spark, everyone was lethargic, just like we didn't care to win. The punt decision in the 4th quarter basically sealed that up as well. Pitiful display all around.

1 minute ago, twotonebluenation said:

Everyone is so upset about the 4th down. I don't see it. The way I see it, it would have been scrutinized any way that would have went down. We run it on third and don't get it, which would have probably happened the way we played on the line and Henry wasn't exactly ripping off angry runs. I have no problem with the pass call. And punting on fourth I believe was the smart decision. We have one of the best punters in the league and time after time he has came through. He had a rare bad punt in that situation. Our d was actually a strong suit yesterday, oddly enough. I think if you pin them under the 5 there it's a whole different ball game. 

I came in here to post something similar.  I think it's often prudent to go for it in that situation but not always.  And Vrabel had plenty of reason to believe pinning them inside their 5 was the better approach than a likely failed 4th down giving it to them around the 40.

1 minute ago, RuskieTitan said:

Just going to say this about yesterday: There's been some games, not often, but some, under Vrabel, where we come out looking flat and just punching the time clock to 'show up' at work and not really care. Outside of the AJ Brown touchdown drive, offensively, there felt like there was no spark, everyone was lethargic, just like we didn't care to win. The punt decision in the 4th quarter basically sealed that up as well. Pitiful display all around.

Doesn't every team have those games?  The Chiefs lost to the Raiders this year; the Browns lost to the Jets; Steelers to the Bengals, etc, etc.  I don't know if we've ever seen a team come out and be "on" every game they play.  Even when the Pats with Moss were steam-rolling through the season, they laid an egg in the biggest game of all and lost to the inferior Giants.  I don't think we can hold Vrabel to some impossible standard.

Just a bad game we should've at least got to OT.

Im sorry not throwing to AJ when he was wide up on his matchup. Yuck. OR OR switch put Reymond on the left and throw that pass to AJ. idk just dumb

Art can go its fine with me. We are gonna have a very different team next year. Jrob knows he messed up and I hope he makes up for it this year and I think he will. 

so gg

28 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

And I’m not sure most had a problem with passing on third down, the problem was taking all of the pressure off of the defense by not even having Derrick on the field.

The Ravens didn’t seem to feel any pressure by Henry. He looked ultra average yesterday. And it doesn’t help that he poses no threat catching the ball on third. We were a different team offensively because the Ravens d heavily outplayed us. Credit were credit is due Henry was handled by the Ravens. It wasn’t like Henry’s pressure was leading to Tannehill playing amazing. Tannehill had 160 yards. He was neutralized also. Yea play calling was not optimal all day, but the Ravens just simply handled our offense. They had us questioning what to do, in situations we always know what to do. We got outplayed. I am not as upset about that call, it’s not a no brainer sorry, especially the way we were playing. We had too many chances to pull away, and to even tie the game at the end, and we didn’t. They were the better team.

Edited by twotonebluenation