Playoffs Gameday Thread: WFT vs Tompa

MKnight82

Just to remind everyone Mike Evans had a hyper extended knee yesterday. I’m sure he’ll play on Saturday but he won’t be 100%. For most teams this would be a devastating injury like Terry’s ankle and how much that hurt us last week vs the Panthers but, as everyone knows the Bucs are loaded at WR.

Yesterday Brown & Godwin had their best games in a long time; Brown’s best game in a Tampa Uniform:

Brown: 11 recs, 138 yards, 2 TDs

Godwin: 5 recs, 133 yds, 2 TDs

As everyone knows, key to the game is getting pressure on Brady and protecting the ball and controlling the clock on offense!

Edited by turtle28

Alex looked rough last night, like I'm concerned he can't complete a pass rough.  I honestly think starting Heinicke might give us a better chance to win this game.  That being said, this could be the final game of Alex Smith's career so I don't think they will bench him.  

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

This team has swagger. Lead by our very own rookie in Chase Young.

I have no idea how far we will go. 

But I haven't seen this team have swagger, in a very long time.

We are very dangerous!

And I love it! 😎

Last time our team had this kind of swagger was 2012 because of RG3 & Alfred Morris’s rushing attack which was unstoppable.

Before that you have to go back to 2005 when we had Sean Taylor leading that dominant D and a great rushing attack with CP.

• Like 1

Bucs head coach Bruce Arians said he doesn't expected LB Devin White (COVID-19) to be available for the team playoff game against Washington. 

White is the team's leading tackler and only player in the NFL with at least 100 tackles and nine sacks. Tampa opens the postseason on Saturday, meaning White won't have enough time to quarantine after a positive COVID-19 test. Arians admitted the Bucs' pass rush was not as potent with White sidelined in Week 17 against Atlanta. 

Jan 4, 2021, 12:31 PM ET

45 minutes ago, 4209 said:

Bucs head coach Bruce Arians said he doesn't expected LB Devin White (COVID-19) to be available for the team playoff game against Washington. 

White is the team's leading tackler and only player in the NFL with at least 100 tackles and nine sacks. Tampa opens the postseason on Saturday, meaning White won't have enough time to quarantine after a positive COVID-19 test. Arians admitted the Bucs' pass rush was not as potent with White sidelined in Week 17 against Atlanta. 

Jan 4, 2021, 12:31 PM ET

This is huge. White is a terror. To win they’ll have to steal a possession and/or score on specials. I hope Sims isn’t back there on punts, he’s giving me a stroke.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bigdog44 said:

This is huge. White is a terror. To win they’ll have to steal a possession and/or score on specials. I hope Sims isn’t back there on punts, he’s giving me a stroke.

Agreed and yeah, gotta put Kendall Fuller or Danny Johnson back there to field punts. We can’t trust Steven Sims or Wright to catch a punt cleanly.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Agreed and yeah, gotta put Kendall Fuller or Danny Johnson back there to field punts. We can’t trust Steven Sims or Wright to catch a punt cleanly.

Sims is either muffing or letting the ball roll. At least catching the punt would save so much field position. While they’re trying to play to their defense and control the clock, field position is everything. I was shocked he was still back there last night. There’s an old clip of Parcells, with the Jets, lecturing Dedrick Ward on how important to the game just catching the punt is. I hope Ron and Sims sit down and watch it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I am still in disbelief that they put him back there after the week before.  He has had more than 3 strikes with those hands this year.  They need to make a change.  What about Wright?

• Like 1

Just Read-Rivera says they need to consider rotating QBs against the Bucs. DUH, Just start Heinicke- Smith can't frekkin get out of his own way . Looks like the fallen and can't get up commercial. He's just too hurt to play anymore . It's too bad but we need the kid even if he's inexperienced. He knows the system and can move.

54 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Just Read-Rivera says they need to consider rotating QBs against the Bucs. DUH, Just start Heinicke- Smith can't frekkin get out of his own way . Looks like the fallen and can't get up commercial. He's just too hurt to play anymore . It's too bad but we need the kid even if he's inexperienced. He knows the system and can move.

WOW.  All I can say well at least the kid can scramble b/c the Buc's are going to send the dogs early and often. As a matter of fact I was expecting them to do the same with AS. You know they watched AS during the Eagles game.