Playoffs Gameday Thread: WFT vs Tompa

MKnight82

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

Give him an offseason to get his body right.

He was prepping for College Exams before getting the call. Not exactly in peak football shape, but he is a gamer.

He was injured in Mnn and in Carolina...

I want him to be our starter we need someone like him but we need a good vet back up or draft someone in the 2nd or 3rd

I got to say, I completely thought Heinicke was kind of joke going into this game.  But he played like a warrior.  He showed me more that game than Alex Smith or Kyle Allen all season.  And honestly, he can really spin it.

Our run defense is a big problem and our run game needs to improve.  

Tough loss.  But sure was fun to be in a playoff game against a great team.   If anything I think the defensive game plan was the problem.  It should have been more aggressive at the beginning of the game. 

Anyways....Hail WFT!

12 minutes ago, Vladimir L said:

I dont think at #19 were landinf anyome who can come in right away

maybe in the 2nd or 3rd to compete with Tylor

2nd or 3rd is just too high for a flyer on a 4th tier QB prospect. If you want to toss a 4th or 5th at a toolsy guy, I guess I could live with that. It’s probably a waste of a pick, but most of them are anyway. But we should be trying to find legit long-term starters in the 2nd and 3rd, not gambling on deeply flawed QB prospects.

There are so many useful player types (that we need) that are typically plentiful on Day 2, and that appear to be in this draft: WR2 or slot WR, athletic blocking TE, very good FS and G prospects, classic undersized WLB types, maybe even 4-3 MLB if the board falls our way. I really want to see what Smith and company can do for the roster with 3 legit chances to land those kinds of classic Day 2 players.