Playoffs Gameday Thread: WFT vs Tompa

MKnight82

4 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I think Alex Smiths days of being football healthy are behind him. 

Yes I know, but you know what I mean. I mean as healthy as Smith can be, like how he was vs the Giants, Lions, Bengals, Cowboys and Steelers before I think it was that Scherff who stepped on his right calf and he hasn’t been the same since.

5 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

Not true. They have other guys they csn stuck back there who can at worst just catch the ball like Fuller, Danny Johnson and Jeremy Reaves looked like a good punt returner option as he fielded Nate Sudfeld’s pass last Sunday night.

Heinicke going to start this game. (No evidence, just my gut impression)

Be prepared for a loaded box to stop the run and put pressure on an inexperienced QB. We need lots of quick slants, drags and outs and not a lot of gimmick plays. Mentally sound methodical drives will win this game. (Along with stellar defense)

Edited by Slappy Mc

2 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Be prepared for a loaded box to stop the run and put pressure on an inexperienced QB. We need lots of quick slants, drags and outs and not a lot of gimmick plays. Mentally sound methodical drives will win this game. (Along with stellar defense)

That's my gut feeling,feels like Ron beeing trying to prepare us all week for it and then today might the qoute of he wished we had that extra day,which to me says Alex isn't doing well.

28 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

We have a loaded box anyway bc Alex struggles to push it downfield. Taylor plays like Colt McCoy to me so it’s not the end of the world, but his lack of arm strength is an issue the good thing is that he knows the offense, made good reads vs the Panthers & threw with good anticipation which you need if you don’t have a strong arm.

I agree with the bolded.

I haven’t checked today on Twitter, is Alex even taking snaps?

Of course that means nothing. Ron said Alex doesn’t need to take snaps during the week to be able to play. I think he said the same of Terry.

Edited by turtle28

Good news is that it looks like we’re getting KPL back for Saturday’s game. That will help our D.

The fact that Alex is throwing the ball some and Ron said he threw it well tells me that Alex is going to at least start the game. I guess we’ll see what happens though.

Edited by turtle28