Playoffs Gameday Thread: WFT vs Tompa

MKnight82

3 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Heiniken was solid as could be. We wernt a qb away from winning that game. We were a LB and DB away from winning it.

I say. Bring in guys like Lavonte David at 13 mil would do/allow us much more than a guy like 40m dollar Dak.

We’re certainly several players away but let’s be clear we lost the game bc once again we don’t have a franchise QB or anything close to it.

Its much easier to upgrade the LB corps and secondary than it is to upgrade the QB position. It would make more sense to sign Dak if we could and sign a second tier LB and FS or draft them while we do the same at WR.

56 minutes ago, TKellion said:

Oh crap,Here come the Heiniken for QB threads.NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Im tired of second rate QBs with guts,Give me a Field General not a gamer.

I hope you guys enjoyed this pointless playoff berth,did you get your false sense of accomplishment?

Should have waited one more year and improve the offense and defense a bit more.

Did you watch the game?

2 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Taylor is keeper. No way do I let him out the door.

I'm still looking for a vet, to compete with Taylor. (Specially, with the size & brittleness of Taylor)

I let Allen walk... draft a rookie

Why? He's cheap and also knows the offense.

43 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

We’re certainly several players away but let’s be clear we lost the game bc once again we don’t have a franchise QB or anything close to it.

Its much easier to upgrade the LB corps and secondary than it is to upgrade the QB position. It would make more sense to sign Dak if we could and sign a second tier LB and FS or draft them while we do the same at WR.

We didn't lose the game because of the QB the o line,LBers DBs...sure. Taylor played excellent. 

20 minutes ago, THESKINSFAN21 said:

We didn't lose the game because of the QB the o line,LBers DBs...sure. Taylor played excellent. 

He played excellent but not elite like Tom did. That’s my point. Our last 5 playoff losses (2020, 2015, 2012, 2007 & 2005) we lost to elite QBs, we need one. I love Taylor, he played awesome. Do I think he’ll ever be anything more than an average starter? No. 

We also should come to the realization that we won this division this year and made the playoffs by default. If Dak doesn’t break his ankle and Barkley doesn’t tear his ACL we wouldn’t have won the division & we probably lose both games to the Cowboys and finish the season 5-11.

Edited by turtle28

16 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

He played excellent but not elite like Tom did. That’s my point. Our last 5 playoff losses (2020, 2015, 2012, 2007 & 2005) we lost to elite QBs, we need one. I love Taylor, he played awesome. Do I think he’ll ever be anything more than an average starter? No. 

We also should come to the realization that we won this division this year and made the playoffs by default. If Dak doesn’t break his ankle and Barkley doesn’t tear his ACL we wouldn’t have won the division & we probably lose both games to the Cowboys and finish the season 5-11.

Tom Brady was throwing to Godwin, Evans, AB, Gronk and Brate. Heinecke had a hurt McLaurin, Logan Thomas and Cam Sims. 

25 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

So you think if we just switched the Receiving groups that we win the game?

We got an awful Non-pass interference call missed and Heinecke got hurt. Those two things directly contributed to the outcome. Doesn’t mean that’s the reason we lost but they have all the weapons in the world and we still nearly beat them. We aren’t as far away as I had originally thought. 

11 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

We got an awful Non-pass interference call missed and Heinecke got hurt. Those two things directly contributed to the outcome. Doesn’t mean that’s the reason we lost but they have all the weapons in the world and we still nearly beat them. We aren’t as far away as I had originally thought. 

I agree with that. I am a bit worried that this season is a mirage for this fanbase though. 

The Giants & Cowboys were w/o their best player on offense most of the season. If Dallas had Dak, I think they win one of the games against us and probably both which means we don’t win 7 games and don’t win the division.

I think we still need upgrades at WR, I think we have QBs who have potential but I don’t think we have a definite answer at QB yet. We still need an upgrade at MLB & FS. We might lose Scherff which would create a huge hole at RG. 

That’s actually a lot of holes. I don’t think we’re as far away as I once thought, but so also don’t think we’re as close as some other delusional fans think either. We’re somewhere in the middle. We’re mediocre.

Edited by turtle28