Playoffs Gameday Thread: WFT vs Tompa

MKnight82

Defense - tank job, cost us the game .

Chase Young WOW, does he talked a great game or what !!??

Heiny played his *** off - Is he the answer - Depends on the question I guess.

We badly badly need receivers !! Sign one ( top tier or close ) draft one ( high ). 

Please Alex - retire and solve that issue. Thanks for the effort this year.

Oh yeah and P S. Get a frekkin REAL Kick Return guy !!! 

Edited by RSkinGM

23 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Defense - tank job, cost us the game .

Chase Young WOW, does he talked a great game or what !!??

Heiny played his *** off - Is he the answer - Depends on the question I guess.

We badly badly need receivers !! Sign one ( top tier or close ) draft one ( high ). 

Please Alex - retire and solve that issue. Thanks for the effort this year.

Oh yeah and P S. Get a frekkin REAL Kick Return guy !!! 

Now you sound like the rest of us in 2016-2017. 😂 

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

He played excellent but not elite like Tom did. That’s my point. Our last 5 playoff losses (2020, 2015, 2012, 2007 & 2005) we lost to elite QBs, we need one. I love Taylor, he played awesome. Do I think he’ll ever be anything more than an average starter? No. 

We also should come to the realization that we won this division this year and made the playoffs by default. If Dak doesn’t break his ankle and Barkley doesn’t tear his ACL we wouldn’t have won the division & we probably lose both games to the Cowboys and finish the season 5-11.

Putting up 23 points in the playoffs with a QB who was on the street for most of the season was by far the best case scenario.  

Jack Del Rio now being 1-10 against Brady is pretty telling.  We got 23 points and the offense did it's job by a large margin.  Our defense let us down.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Then I don’t understand your reaction.

I dont want to roll with a second rate QB MK.Sure he had a good game.He was an unknown commodity and as such they could not game plan for him.How well do you think he does if an opponent knows his weaknesses and strengths and plays the defense ala Belichek ?He is not what I want to roll with given the upside we have on defense.

2 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Putting up 23 points in the playoffs with a QB who was on the street for most of the season was by far the best case scenario.  

Jack Del Rio now being 1-10 against Brady is pretty telling.  We got 23 points and the offense did it's job by a large margin.  Our defense let us down.  

Defense was definitely the biggest reason we lost the game. Our front 4 didn’t get enough pressure, our LBs didn’t play well at all and our secondary didn’t for a lot of the game too. We also let Fournette run all over us.

1 minute ago, TKellion said:

I dont want to roll with a second rate QB MK.Sure he had a good game.He was an unknown commodity and as such they could not game plan for him.How well do you think he does if an opponent knows his weaknesses and strengths and plays the defense ala Belichek ?He is not what I want to roll with given the upside we have on defense.

I don’t think anyone wants to just Hand Heinicke the starting job outside of maybe Ace. MKnight has been clear he wants to bring in another QB to compete for the job and retain Kyle Allen as well.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t think anyone wants to just Hand Heinicke the starting job outside of maybe Ace. MKnight has been clear he wants to bring in another QB to compete for the job and retain Kyle Allen as well.

No, I actually want Stafford in here.

Re-sign TH to like a 3-year deal & draft a late Rd rookie or keep Kyle Allen.

Trade for Julio Jones or top flight WR & draft a WR in 1st or 2nd Rd.

Draft a fast playmaking return man...

Continue drafting O-line

Draft LBers or aquire in FA

23 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

No, I actually want Stafford in here.

Re-sign TH to like a 3-year deal & draft a late Rd rookie or keep Kyle Allen.

Trade for Julio Jones or top flight WR & draft a WR in 1st or 2nd Rd.

Draft a fast playmaking return man...

Continue drafting O-line

Draft LBers or aquire in FA

If you’re trading for Matt Stafford & Julio Jones you don’t have a 1st round pick & 2nd round pick, and maybe not ones next year either. Mortgaging that much of the future for two aging vets that get hurt every year doesn’t make any sense to me.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I can’t remember seeing where so many people enjoyed a game so much like they did last night even though we lost. You hear words like excitement and fun. 

I agree. I just kept yelling "the kid can play" all wasted like...... my wife was not amused. 

33 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I can’t remember seeing where so many people enjoyed a game so much like they did last night even though we lost. You hear words like excitement and fun. 

Just wish we had gotten the same defensive performance we had been getting since the Bengals game.

The 49ers game I remember being fun & exciting bc of how the defense played. Now if we could just get all 3 phases of the team to have good games in the same game we’d have something!

5 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Then why do you want Ryan Fitzpatrick?

I never said I wanted him,I just said I would rather have him than what we got now.There really isnt a QB out there to be had that makes me feel good about the offense for  next season.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Just wish we had gotten the same defensive performance we had been getting since the Bengals game.

The 49ers game I remember being fun & exciting bc of how the defense played. Now if we could just get all 3 phases of the team to have good games in the same game we’d have something!

It was a bad game from Del Rio, but let's also be real.......our lack of talent in the back seven was exposed by a team that has the kind of talent that the Bucs have.