Playoffs Gameday Thread: WFT vs Tompa

MKnight82

13 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

It was a bad game from Del Rio, but let's also be real.......our lack of talent in the back seven was exposed by a team that has the kind of talent that the Bucs have.  

Del Rio played scared.  As for our back seven, he didn't trust them to make plays and instead just wanted them to make tackles.  When you are going against top talent, they are going to be able to chip away against you.

1 hour ago, offbyone said:

Del Rio played scared.  As for our back seven, he didn't trust them to make plays and instead just wanted them to make tackles.  When you are going against top talent, they are going to be able to chip away against you.

True but we knew all week long that we weren’t likely going to be able to stop them w/o getting pressure and they kept 6 and sometimes 7 blockers in to stop our front 4. By doing that Brady had time and was able to beat our secondary. Even if we had blitzed more people they were keeping enough being in to block up what we brag. I have to give credit to Arians & Leftwich for doing that. The learned earlier this season they needed to protect Brady better and they have been the last 5 weeks including in our game.

39 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Jon Allen-maybe we no longer need to worry about a big contract for him-he disappeared in this game . One asst tackle .

So, your basing someone’s future with the team of one game and stats? I’m glad coaches and the FO watch film

Chase Young us a bust too right?

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

True but we knew all week long that we weren’t likely going to be able to stop them w/o getting pressure and they kept 6 and sometimes 7 blockers in to stop our front 4. By doing that Brady had time and was able to beat our secondary. Even if we had blitzed more people they were keeping enough being in to block up what we brag. I have to give credit to Arians & Leftwich for doing that. The learned earlier this season they needed to protect Brady better and they have been the last 5 weeks including in our game.

Of course, Arians/Leftwich have the luxury of 4 dangerous pass catchers.  But we all knew the key to winning this game was pressure on Brady and we failed to get it despite having possibly the best front 4 in football.  We need to learn from this.

So, your basing someone’s future with the team of one game and stats? I’m glad coaches and the FO watch film

Chase Young us a bust too right?

While I think your point has merit, I don't think Allen quite had the year I was hoping. He might be the guy to trade/let walk. 

44 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

While I think your point has merit, I don't think Allen quite had the year I was hoping. He might be the guy to trade/let walk. 

He was one of the league leaders in interior pressures by the stats PFF had. I believe one analyst said it was near Aaron Donald levels. It’s a classic case of people only seeing stats.

• Like 1

He was one of the league leaders in interior pressures by the stats PFF had. I believe one analyst said it was near Aaron Donald levels. It’s a classic case of people only seeing stats.

I mean, do you think you watched more WFT than I did? I’m not talking stats. He didn’t have the year I was hoping he would. Hell neither did Young if I’m being honest. 

16 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I mean, do you think you watched more WFT than I did? I’m not talking stats. He didn’t have the year I was hoping he would. Hell neither did Young if I’m being honest. 

What were you expecting Jon Allen to be Aaron Donald?

I just don’t know what your expectation was. He had his best year as far as I can tell.