Playoffs Gameday Thread: WFT vs Tompa

MKnight82

If A Smith can stand and move at all- will Rivera feel obligated to give him a chance--considering what he's endured to get here ?

A QB that can't escape the pocket is a huge liability. I'd prefer the healthy guy over that situation even if he won't be in the NFL 2 years from now --probably .

2 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

If A Smith can stand and move at all- will Rivera feel obligated to give him a chance--considering what he's endured to get here ?

A QB that can't escape the pocket is a huge liability. I'd prefer the healthy guy over that situation even if he won't be in the NFL 2 years from now --probably .

It's the playoffs. Rivera will go with whomever gives him the best chance. If he thinks it's one-legged Alex, so be it. If it's Taylor, so be it. He won't feel any obligation I don't think. 

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

It's the playoffs. Rivera will go with whomever gives him the best chance. If he thinks it's one-legged Alex, so be it. If it's Taylor, so be it. He won't feel any obligation I don't think. 

I don't know - one warrior backing another warrior. might sway his judgment .

30 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Tom Brady can’t escape the pocket 

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

I think this is where the musing about “rotating” QBs was coming from. 

Alex is such a solid dude, with an amazing story and accomplishment to get back to this point, and him coming in to replace the other two QBs was really one of the major catalysts for our turnaround and a primary reason why we’re here today. And in fairness, at full speed, Alex is easily the best option. 

But if it’s gonna be like it was last week, or even worse somehow, you just can’t put him out there. He was pretty much awful against the Eagles, and the defense we face today will be much better and much more motivated. I don’t know that we can send him out there in good faith if he’s not more capable of moving and delivering the ball than he was against Philly. 

I suspect that deep down, Rivera knows the same thing. Which is why he’s torn between a deep desire to deliver this opportunity to Alex — and a responsibility to the other guys to try to win. I don’t think we can win with that Alex that was under center against Philly. 

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I think this is where the musing about “rotating” QBs was coming from. 

Alex is such a solid dude, with an amazing story and accomplishment to get back to this point, and him coming in to replace the other two QBs was really one of the major catalysts for our turnaround and a primary reason why we’re here today. And in fairness, at full speed, Alex is easily the best option. 

But if it’s gonna be like it was last week, or even worse somehow, you just can’t put him out there. He was pretty much awful against the Eagles, and the defense we face today will be much better and much more motivated. I don’t know that we can send him out there in good faith if he’s not more capable of moving and delivering the ball than he was against Philly. 

I suspect that deep down, Rivera knows the same thing. Which is why he’s torn between a deep desire to deliver this opportunity to Alex — and a responsibility to the other guys to try to win. I don’t think we can win with that Alex that was under center against Philly. 

If Alex can give us 2 TDs again, I’ll take it!