Wild Card Round GDT: Ravens vs. Titans

SalvadorsDeli

The Baltimore Ravens are a professional American football team based in Baltimore. The Ravens compete in the National Football League (NFL) as a member club of the American Football Conference (AFC) North division. The team plays its home games at M&T Bank Stadium and is headquartered in Owings Mills, Maryland.[8]

The Tennessee Titans are a professional American football team based in Nashville, Tennessee. The Titans compete in the National Football League (NFL) as a member club of the American Football Conference (AFC) South division.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

EDC threw basically all of our assets this offseason into beefing up the front 7 (Campbell, Wolfe, Madibuike, Queen, Harrison, Ngakoue) because of what Derrick Henry did to us last year. With Williams and Campbell back hopefully it goes a little better than it did in November. 

Can't let Tannehill burn us either on boots and keeps. The backside of the defense needs to trust the frontside to do their jobs.

• Like 4

Last year we entered our matchup at 8-3, scoring 29 ppg and giving up 22 ppg.

This year we enter our matchup at 6-5, scoring 29 ppg and giving up 28 ppg.

I think I speak for most of Titania when I say I am much less confident going in to this year's game. If the offense sputters we will lose. This is not the Titans of old that can win with it's defense.

5 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Last year we entered our matchup at 8-3, scoring 29 ppg and giving up 22 ppg.

This year we enter our matchup at 6-5, scoring 29 ppg and giving up 28 ppg.

I think I speak for most of Titania when I say I am much less confident going in to this year's game. If the offense sputters we will lose. This is not the Titans of old that can win with it's defense.

Even though the Titans played us tough at home and won in OT this season, I think Ravens fans are more confident now. For the Ravens not to have their two best DL (Campbell and Williams) and to get the game to OT was a pretty good performance by the D. 

The Ravens offense was sputtering when they played the Titans after losing Stanley and Boyle to injury, but is hot now after they made adjustments. 

However, from a coaching perspective, the Titans seem pretty confident in their ability to defend Lamar, and Arthur Smith seems to outwit WInk Martindale fairly easily. So I am pretty cautious about this matchup. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Even though the Titans played us tough at home and won in OT this season, I think Ravens fans are more confident now. For the Ravens not to have their two best DL (Campbell and Williams) and to get the game to OT was a pretty good performance by the D. 

The Ravens offense was sputtering when they played the Titans after losing Stanley and Boyle to injury, but is hot now after they made adjustments. 

However, from a coaching perspective, the Titans seem pretty confident in their ability to defend Lamar, and Arthur Smith seems to outwit WInk Martindale fairly easily. So I am pretty cautious about this matchup. 

As you should be. Entering this game at 5-0 while scoring 37 ppg. 

Defensively, the only vote of confidence I have is as you said we have a pretty good history of containing Lamar. And while we have perhaps the worst 3rd down defense of all time, Lamar isn't the type of QB to consistently take advantage of the 3rd and longs we have been so susceptible to all year.

We are legitimately so bad though that it may not even matter if it was Bortles back there lol.

As much as Henry and Tannehill killed us last year in the playoffs, I really need to see us clamp down on AJ Brown this week. Humphrey buddy we love ya and pay you the big bucks for games like this, hopefully he’s out there making some clean tackles 

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

I think this is exactly right. We've clearly been trending in the right direction and are a different football team than the stumbling/bumbling version of ourselves from midseason. But there's no getting around the fact that the Titans have had our number as of late and I can't really look at ourselves as favorites until the Lamar/Harbaugh combo shows us something different both in the playoffs and against this specific opponent. 

Big thing I'll be looking at is the general attitude/demeanor Lamar takes to the game, particularly if/when it's a tight and close game. Last year he definitely got too down on himself and frustrated early and, combined with the coaches abandoning the gameplan, made it impossible for us to dig out of a hole. I've defended his performance last year and have wanted to reserve judgment on whether there really is a problem with him in the playoffs until he gets another chance, but there's no getting away from the choker label if he lays an egg on Sunday. No better opportunity for him to finally change the narrative than by getting another shot at Tennessee.  

It's also going to be important to get the right balance in the gameplan between wanting to take advantage of the openings that Tennessee's porous secondary offer with getting too far away from our own identity and approach. 

Last thing is that every WR better be putting in extra reps on the jugs machine this week. Doesn't matter how we play this game if we have another game like last year where nobody can catch the football we're not gonna win this game. 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli
  • Like 2

I'm actually a little surprised at some of the confidence from Ravens' fans. Look I believe in the potential of this current squad as much as anyone. The problem is, we've seen this team fail to live up to expectations and said potential too many times. Coaches included. 

Those previous failures won't allow me to assume it's going to be business as usual on Sunday. It's all wait and see for me. 

1 minute ago, DreamKid said:

I'm actually a little surprised at some of the confidence from Ravens' fans. Look I believe in the potential of this current squad as much as anyone. The problem is, we've seen this team fail to live up to expectations and said potential too many times. Coaches included. 

Those previous failures won't allow me to assume it's going to be business as usual on Sunday. It's all wait and see for me. 

I'm ready to be let down by the defense and G-Ro again, that's for sure. Also, if our WR's can't catch it's game over again.

feeling confident about this one. their defense is garbage and the last time we played them was when our offense was at our lowest points and we still put up 23. We will put up 30+ easily this time. held up pretty well vs henry too for most of the game without williams and campbell and we got both of them now probably. our CB group is also probably the best they've been all year with jimmy probably coming back and averett starting to look decent, don't think they'll be able to be keep up with our offense. i'll be surprised if they score more than 28 points.

and i hope mark andrews starts not choking in big games now, we need him to play like he usually does if we wana make a run.