Wild Card Round GDT: Ravens vs. Titans

SalvadorsDeli

Just now, diamondbull424 said:

Chiefs.

I’m sure they’ll be as unstoppable in their passing attack as always, HOWEVER I feel this team is playing with house money and we might as well make this a revenge tour. I doubt the Steelers beat Mahomes, so why not us? Why don’t we be the ones to take down the great Mahomes and Andy Reid?

I’ll hope the Steelers take out the Bills and we get our revenge against them in the AFCCG.

I actually want Buffalo because I think the game plan is a lot similar to Tennessee in how they do play action and such. Obviously Tennesee runs more/better, but Allen and Tannehill are similar QB's in certain ways.

But, Buffalo is probably a hotter team than KC right now, and that carries weight.

14 minutes ago, Boodgyman5220 said:

Now the question is, do we want the chiefs of the bills?

Probably doesn't matter too much if you assume you're gonna have to go through the Chiefs either way, but I'd probably rather not play them coming off a bye, and Bills/Ravens would be a super fun game.  Not to mention, if Cleveland wins there's a small chance we would end up hosting the AFC Title game if we get that far. 

All things being equal I think CLE winning tonight would be better for us, but it's not drastic in either direction. 

Harbaugh just said this might be the best win that he’s ever been a part of, then corrected and said, “certainly top 5”... I can’t hate, this is definitely top 5 for sure. The only win I’d put ahead of this in his tenure would be the Mile High Miracle game where we had no chance against that offense... as well as beating the 49ers in the SB. Just because....

1 minute ago, diamondbull424 said:

Harbaugh just said this might be the best win that he’s ever been a part of, then corrected and said, “certainly top 5”... I can’t hate, this is definitely top 5 for sure. The only win I’d put ahead of this in his tenure would be the Mile High Miracle game where we had no chance against that offense... as well as beating the 49ers in the SB. Just because....

I think you might be forgetting beating the Patriots in New England in 2013 for the AFC championship. 

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I actually want Buffalo because I think the game plan is a lot similar to Tennessee in how they do play action and such. Obviously Tennesee runs more/better, but Allen and Tannehill are similar QB's in certain ways.

But, Buffalo is probably a hotter team than KC right now, and that carries weight.

True, but Pittsburgh isn’t going to take care of the Chiefs anyway, so I’d rather we get them before they have a chance to build up playoff steam. Hope that we can put together a great game plan and take them out. Hope that they’re rusty and hope that we can just run all over them. Also hope that Patrick Mahomes dropping back so far allows Yannick Ngakoue to really make an impact because he’s been getting a lot of good speed rushes that would place him in that spot where Mahomes likes to throw his deep balls from.

But like I said, we’re playing with house money now IMO, so it would suck to lose to the Chiefs, but they’re going to be the heavy favorites, so all the pressure will be on those guys as the game wears on IMO.

That said, you may be right with the Bills. I guess really it doesn’t matter who we get, just get it done. That’s all that matters!

Even though it nearly gave me a heart attack, I'm glad we had that awful start and that Lamar himself threw a horrible interception. We got a chance to see how much he and the team have grown mentally this year. A blowout win would have been satisfying but gutting out a win like this and getting to feel the real, tense playoff atmosphere and come out on top makes us a lot more dangerous next week. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, baltimoreRebel said:

I think you might be forgetting beating the Patriots in New England in 2013 for the AFC championship. 

I didn’t forget that game. It was huge because of the previous miss by Cundiff the previous year, but considering that team wasn’t being known as playoff chokers and the Patriots was a team we had shown over the years that we can beat, I’d hang this game above that one. If we lose this game, we’d never hear the end of it. But we lose that game... it’s just another team falling to the GOAT team. But I’d have that win right behind this one. If we can somehow beat the Chiefs however, I’d probably also elevate such a win above that win over the Pats in 2013.