Wild Card Round GDT: Ravens vs. Titans

SalvadorsDeli

6 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Speaking of Corey Davis, I'm told this was him today:

I'm just Happy to be at the Tor

He must’ve been seriously hurting from something, I don’t think I saw him on the injury report, but yeah for him to be completely blanketed like that, no way am I looking to give him a huge contract. Would easily rather give that money to Ngakoue if that’s what it comes down to... and it probably will considering they’ll both probably be in similar financial brackets.

That said, after watching Davis and watching Godwin drop pass after pass yesterday (but thrive when their was no pressure on losing teams), I’ve got to say, I’m looking at Allen Robinson or just attaching my hitch to finding another impact WR (or TE with a guy like Freirmuth) in the draft and hoping the coaching staff can do a better job this time around with developing them.

Always hard to know how much this stuff even matters but hopefully getting to move into an underdog role and playing with house money basically the rest of the playoffs has a positive impact on the team. This playoff thing clearly turned into a bit of a mental block for the team - Lamar in particular pretty evidently came out tight today. Gotta come out next week loose and just attack. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

True.

But the Bills have the speed to play our box as well as they have one of the most athletic LB cores in the league... and they have a corner in White that can actually man Hollywood Brown. Both the Chiefs and Bills are going to be incredibly difficult outs.

Buffalo is also the more likely location to have terrible weather that can impact the game plan as well. Remember those 20 mph winds last year around this time of year?

Allen has the arm to laser through such, but Lamar doesn’t necessarily have that kind of an arm cannon. So throw in some sort of precipitation and that would also put us at a disadvantage as well. So again, both options are going to be a difficult path, but if we must take a path, I’d rather we choose the path that would be most rewarding.

Upsetting the Chiefs would mean far more than beating the Bills IMO. Last year I probably would’ve wanted the Bills because I thought the same way. But this season, I want the toughest path, so that if we make it through their can be no doubts about who the best team was this season... just like in 2012-2013, that was one of the most difficult routes you could ask for IMO, yet somehow that team made it through.

lamar played well vs them last season though, he's looked pathetic against the chiefs. Marlon and our CBs match up well vs Diggs and their WRs too imo. No one besides hump has a chance to cover tyreek. Jimmy also had some trouble vs kelce last game. Allen has been good but he's not mahomes and they don't have a 4.20 WR and and uncoverable tight end. i just want the best chance to get to the SB and i think we match up well against the bills.

3 minutes ago, RavensDefense3 said:

lamar played well vs them last season though, he's looked pathetic against the chiefs. Marlon and our CBs match up well vs Diggs and their WRs too imo. No one besides hump has a chance to cover tyreek. Jimmy also had some trouble vs kelce last game. Allen has been good but he's not mahomes and they don't have a 4.20 WR and and uncoverable tight end. i just want the best chance to get to the SB and i think we match up well against the bills.

True.

But they also have the 31st ranked run defense and their depth at LB/S isn’t great, so in theory, if we can handle their early playoff energy and our defense can get to Mahomes to force some punts, our rushing attack might be able to lean on them. That and you’ve got to think the Chiefs would be a little overconfident playing us coming off their bye and well rested, playing a team whose number they have and they blew out in their previous meeting. You can’t call a playoff game, a “trap game”, but I could see it being a scenario similar to the Titans catching our unit off guard last season.

But hey, like Calais Campbell said, we’ll probably have to get both of them anyway. So it is what it is. I suppose it doesn’t matter which we get 1st, for this team to do what it wants to do, they’ll need to likely beat them both. So I guess it doesn’t particularly matter the order.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Watching the game.

Holding the Titans to just 3 points after Lamar's INT was huge. Madubuike flashed for the defense that series.

I was 4+ drinks in for the second half, but even then I could see that 92 was the biggest difference maker on the field on that side.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

True.

But they also have the 31st ranked run defense and their depth at LB/S isn’t great, so in theory, if we can handle their early playoff energy and our defense can get to Mahomes to force some punts, our rushing attack might be able to lean on them. That and you’ve got to think the Chiefs would be a little overconfident playing us coming off their bye and well rested, playing a team whose number they have and they blew out in their previous meeting. You can’t call a playoff game, a “trap game”, but I could see it being a scenario similar to the Titans catching our unit off guard last season.

Also Clyde Edwards-Helaire might not be ready to play next week. 

Henry gashing us in OT this season was maybe the best thing that could have happened in terms of the game today. They just kept running Henry into a wall assuming he'd eventually wear us down and break one. Got a lot of free downs when they should have been spreading us out playing catch-up in the 2nd half. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Can we talk about Greg Roman's halftime adjustments plz?

Credit where credit is due. For all the sh*t we've given him over the course of the season, he finally made the adjustments when he needed to (obviously weeks before this game). Ravens are a better team in large part to the decisions he's made the past 6 or so weeks.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Henry gashing us in OT this season was maybe the best thing that could have happened in terms of the game today. They just kept running Henry into a wall assuming he'd eventually wear us down and break one. Got a lot of free downs when they should have been spreading us out playing catch-up in the 2nd half. 

Us shutting down Henry was a lot like them shutting down our running game last year. They built their offense off expecting that to work and building big plays in the passing game off of that.

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 1