Wild Card Round GDT: Ravens vs. Titans

SalvadorsDeli

Quick Summary:

- One of the biggest wins in franchise history- not hyperbole. Incredibly important on so many levels. Lamar and this young squad get the monkey off their back. Any mental blocks/factors are shattered. The postseason rain cloud is cleared away.

- Stars of the game were McPhee, Brown, and Jackson. Lots of other strong games from other players as well. Gus Bus had some really key runs for example. Peters is an obvious hero too. Pernell turned in a classic Ravens performance though. A throwback to his old playoff contributions for us. He was a pure hell hound out there bringing constant energy and personally stopped Titans' carriers what seemed like upwards of 5 times. Just a savage day for Pernell, classic performance. So happy to see him stay healthy to this point in the year and get to show the kind of player he still is. Invaluable for our young guys to witness and be around a true Ravens' soldier like him.

Marquise looked like a different guy out there, physically, mentally, everything. It's obvious our team came in with a killer mentality and he really transformed into the Hollywood of old we've been waiting on. We needed him to show up and he did.

Lamar wasn't perfect, but he was evolved in this one. I actually like that he had some errors and regrettable throws and still showcased his growth. The TD run was incredible and he didn't look out of sorts in any point in the game really. Some anger here and there at not getting the yards he wanted, but we saw a different player compared to last year's game. He knew the narrative, he knew the stakes, and totally rose to the occasion.

- This game wasn't as close as the scoreboard indicates. Despite us being down 10. Could've easily ended up 37-13 or 30-13 for us. The OPI call, Tucker miss, and some other little things dress this game up closer than it was. Simply, we shut Henry down consistently and they couldn't shut us down. 0 1st downs for their 2K rusher, hilarious. Feeding their game through AJ Brown would have similarly ended in disaster for them. The Incompletions or INTs would've gotten our offense out there more to run up the score. At least all those runs took off clock for them.

-Thought Roman had a solid day, but there were still some head scratching moments. I do think he's on the right track though. Wink really had his guys primed and that showed. You saw discipline on plays that could've broken hard against us, where there hadn't been any before. Our defenders tackled well in this one too, each level had flashes against ball carriers. More than 10 players have memorable stops that I can quickly recall. That doesn't happen too often.

- Overall our team looks hungry and pissed off. Orlando slamming the ground like Donkey Kong after Gus' coffin run was savage. Dobbins not hitting the ground as he bowled through and over defenders was monstrous, think he yelled "Get off me boy" to the last guy he flattened too. So many dogs on this team, and they're finally acting like it. Looking forward to the coming games. Run. The. Ball. Down. This. League's Throat.

• Like 1

Yup. Pretty magically day of football for Ravens' fans lol.

Weirdly this kind of guarantees the toughest path to the Super Bowl for the Ravens. We'll have to beat the AFC's toughest 3 teams outside of us, Titans, Bills, Chiefs. Which I'm all for, if we're going to win it all might as well carve out the memorable path ala 2012(Luck,Manning,Brady). Then we'd probably get a scorching Aaron Rodgers in the SB which would be sick.

Unless of course, the Browns catch the Chiefs slipping too...which would be funny. Raiders did it. Who knows? 🤷‍♂️

4 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

He must’ve been seriously hurting from something, I don’t think I saw him on the injury report, but yeah for him to be completely blanketed like that, no way am I looking to give him a huge contract. Would easily rather give that money to Ngakoue if that’s what it comes down to... and it probably will considering they’ll both probably be in similar financial brackets.

That said, after watching Davis and watching Godwin drop pass after pass yesterday (but thrive when their was no pressure on losing teams), I’ve got to say, I’m looking at Allen Robinson or just attaching my hitch to finding another impact WR (or TE with a guy like Freirmuth) in the draft and hoping the coaching staff can do a better job this time around with developing them.

Him being on the sideline is still perplexing to me.  The last couple of weeks he has struggled, since his brother passed away is when it started. He's a great player finally put it mostly together this year. He would be a great add to a run heavy team such as Baltimore. Good game today fellas, you all came out executed defensively. Arthur Smith refused to adjust the gameplan and just kept trying to stuff up the middle into 9 men on 1st down. Also Vrabel made the biggest chump move punting on 4th and 2. I'm happy this rivalry is back but man am I going to hate going to work tomorrow haha. See you all next year and good luck the rest of the way!