Wild Card Round GDT: Ravens vs. Titans

SalvadorsDeli

3 hours ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

Him being on the sideline is still perplexing to me.  The last couple of weeks he has struggled, since his brother passed away is when it started. He's a great player finally put it mostly together this year. He would be a great add to a run heavy team such as Baltimore. Good game today fellas, you all came out executed defensively. Arthur Smith refused to adjust the gameplan and just kept trying to stuff up the middle into 9 men on 1st down. Also Vrabel made the biggest chump move punting on 4th and 2. I'm happy this rivalry is back but man am I going to hate going to work tomorrow haha. See you all next year and good luck the rest of the way! 

Yup. I hope they don’t rib you too hard. I have a buddy that came for me last season (Titans fan), when I hadn’t bragged at all. I decided to just let it go. Though maybe the team stomping on the logo for that celebration helped to exercise any demons I had within me. But it was a hard fought game between two of the AFC’s finest this season.

In terms of Davis, I guess maybe Corey Davis is just out of it “mentally” still and needs the offseason to recover, especially if he doesn’t have too many legitimate “friends” within the Titans community/locker room to really help to keep him on track during this time. The Ravens, as you know being a MD Titans fan, had Torrey Smith go through the death of his brother as well and was able to play through it. But I suppose he was very well established in this community considering college was at UMD and he grew up in Fredericksburg, VA. He certainly had community support in the DMV (and I mean that in the broad sense, not just the “DC metropolitan area”.) I guess Smith was also on a team with Ray Lewis and that dude could probably convince anyone to jump through a wall, so there’s also that.

But either way, he and Juju are probably the #3 WR’s this free agency, once Galloway is tagged (unless I’m forgetting someone), and the Ravens need a legit #1 WR type IMO to advance this offense to another level of dangerous. There are too many FA WR busts for me to go after a WR in Davis who has shown bust potential at one point in his career. Too big a gamble with how cash strapped we’re likely to be in the coming seasons.

1 hour ago, drd23 said:

Might be a snow game!

This is EXACTLY why I didn’t want the Bills. Their weather is too unpredictable... well, it’s predictable, but just not in a good way. That weather doesn’t benefit our team. We may be a “run team” but we’re not a traditional run team. We can run with power and finesse, but our explosiveness relies on being able to DBZ fusion the two together. When it’s one or the other we become less dangerous.

That big run by Lamar yesterday probably doesn’t happen on a wet field because he can’t keep his footing. Andrews has also struggled catching the ball within inclement weather.

That and the Bills IMO overall are the superior matchup. I think with the additions we made to our pass rush, we could take advantage of the Chiefs OL and get to Mahomes before he finds his speed deep. I felt our rushing attack was dangerous enough to make it happen as well. I gave us a 52% chance of beating the Chiefs.

The Bills have the speed on defense, a better run defense, a lockdown corner for Hollywood. Add in Allen is every bit as dangerous overall as Mahomes IMO and with the inclement weather plus the loudness of those Bills fans, I’d probably only give us a 47% chance of winning this game.

If somehow the snow/wet footing conditions can hold off until AFTER our game on Saturday, then I’d bump it up to a 51% chance.

Oh well, should be a good game regardless.

Edited by diamondbull424
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Ugh, as evidenced in NE, we don't seem to do well with bad weather games. Lamars running style isn't really built for poor field conditions. Hopefully the field can stay clean. 

Goes both ways, could potentially limit Allen slinging it. Not going to overthink it. We will see where we're at Saturday evening. 

All time classic interview by Lamar IMO. He didn’t run or hide from the question about running into the locker room. The players felt the Titans disrespected Harbaugh and them and they played this game to have his back... and they didn’t care to shake hands with disrespectful players on the opposing side for the need to be two sided and fake.

Like Darius Leonard said in his tweet (to paraphrase), ‘Eye ball emojis... so disrespectful. I love it!’ That was the ultimate tough guy act by the Titans, in addition to mocking the Mark Ingram press intro for Lamar in last years playoffs. None of the opposing fan bases found that to be “not winning with class.” I gave the Ingram thing a pass because of Earl Thomas’ idiocy before our game last season with his tough guy act turned fullback garbage. But after the logo stomp, I was done with that Titans team. It’s clear to me that Vrabel encourages that kind of behavior.

They deserved getting their field stomped and no handshakes. Perhaps next time these teams play there will be more respect on both sides. But until then, their field logo can taste these cleats right quick.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Ugh, as evidenced in NE, we don't seem to do well with bad weather games. Lamars running style isn't really built for poor field conditions. Hopefully the field can stay clean. 

As I recall the Pats game was one in particular where bad snaps from Skura killed us - that was the game with that weird 4th down Wildcat play to Ingram that Skura snapped over his head, and there was at least one other drive when we were trying to come back that got killed because of a bad snap as well. Mekari better be getting some extra work in snapping wet balls. 

If it's as bad as it was on the very last drive of that Pats game where you could barely make out what's happening on TV, then yeah I think we're in some trouble (though I think that level of monsoon will affect both teams equally) but snow might actually be preferable to that sort of rain. 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli

Underrated big play from yesterday was Lamar's scramble and throw to Andrews on the sidelines on 3rd and long to end the 1st quarter.

That was the play that sort of seemed to snap the team back to life. Think there was a lot of potential for that to be the moment for things to spiral beyond repair had we started the 2nd quarter punting back to the Titans already down 10-0 after another 3 and out. Getting a FG on that drive and getting it back to a 1 score game really helped stabilize things. 

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Underrated big play from yesterday was Lamar's scramble and throw to Andrews on the sidelines on 3rd and long to end the 1st quarter.

That was the play that sort of seemed to snap the team back to life. Think there was a lot of potential for that to be the moment for things to spiral beyond repair had we started the 2nd quarter punting back to the Titans already down 10-0 after another 3 and out. Getting a FG on that drive and getting it back to a 1 score game really helped stabilize things. 

It was, IMO, the single play that changed the entire game.

However, it is worth noting (because I can't resist nit picking) that  Lamar had 2 wide open guys on that play (one on a drag route and the other on the quick hitch) and chose to throw to neither of them before almost getting sacked.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

I imagine more teams are going to implement calls like this on "key" plays when we like to run this play.

If teams sell out like this, makes for easy RPO slants because there's literally nobody over the middle or deep here. Titans sold out and stopped Counter Bash, but we adjusted eventually and just started throwing quick to teh flats and if you break one tackle you go 30 yards.