Wild Card Round GDT: Ravens vs. Titans

SalvadorsDeli

59 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

I imagine more teams are going to implement calls like this on "key" plays when we like to run this play.

40 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

If teams sell out like this, makes for easy RPO slants because there's literally nobody over the middle or deep here. Titans sold out and stopped Counter Bash, but we adjusted eventually and just started throwing quick to teh flats and if you break one tackle you go 30 yards.

Also, seems like Bozeman should have been able to run his man out of the play there but didn't square up on him, which would have left that front side pretty wide open. Also seems like we were undermanned as it was empty backfield with only 5 on the line, with the hand off option being on that jet motion. Not sure how repeatable that will necessarily be for defenses

2 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Just absolutely savoring over those posts @wwhickok made in that Ravens/Steelers Covid GDT in Gen about how the Ravens are just salty that the Steelers are going to end our playoff hopes at 6-5 and that's why the Ravens are trying to get the game postponed. 

Funny how things work out. 

It is funny. Ironic. Because in the end, Ben cost us this game, 100%.

Good luck to you guys.

9 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Baldy Dump-

There’s just no other way around it. Queen is going to have to add about 10 lbs of muscle, preferably focusing on his legs. He just can’t anchor well enough. Kuechly played at 238 lbs, Willis played at 241 lbs, etc. Darius Leonard is the only guy who is in Queen’s weight class... where he apparently was able to play at 215 lbs this season down from his normal 230 lbs. But Leonard has elite length to keep himself clean and his lb for lbs strength is off the charts. Queen will benefit greatly from an offseason where he quickly adds 10 lbs of muscle and then spend the rest of the time training speed and coverage skills. If I’m him, I’m picking Marcus Peters brain, Ed Reed, Ray Lewis. I’m sitting down and watching tape with those guys to help with diagnosing plays.

Not to dump on him too much though considering he was robbed of time to develop and is doing so on the job. He’s got tons of potential though considering his age. It’s honestly unbelievable that he’s still only 21 years old and will be JUST turning 22 at the start of the season. He should be a college junior right now. If he can add the weight and work with a Ray Lewis, skies the limit. Willis didn’t come in the league until 22 (23 prior to the EOS) and Leonard was 23 to start the season. He’s still got plenty of time to reach his potential, probably why the Ravens made him the selection. He’s literally 6 months younger than Micah Parsons.

But based on this tape, he definitely still has a lot of work still to do, hopefully he sees the pathetic PFF grade, the less than stellar play on the field, and uses it as serious motivation in the offseason.

I love all of the recognition Pernell McPhee is getting. It's so deserved, that was just an incredible game from him. I've said it before, but for him to stay healthy to this point in the football year and turn in a game like that is just amazing for him. He's had a pretty rough go these past seasons health wise, including missing last year's postseason Titans matchup, and I can't imagine how thrilled he was to not only be able to perform but perform as well as he did.

In terms of cost to value, we have Pernell McPhee on one of if not the best contracts league wide.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

I love all of the recognition Pernell McPhee is getting. It's so deserved, that was just an incredible game from him. I've said it before, but for him to stay healthy to this point in the football year and turn in a game like that is just amazing for him. He's had a pretty rough go these past seasons health wise, including missing last year's postseason Titans matchup, and I can't imagine how thrilled he was to not only be able to perform but perform as well as he did.

In terms of cost to value, we have Pernell McPhee on one of if not the best contracts league wide.

Gotta credit the coaching staff for monitoring his snaps and keeping him fresh and ready for the postseason. Even this past weekend he only played 20 snaps, and he basically made a play on half of those snaps. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Gotta credit the coaching staff for monitoring his snaps and keeping him fresh and ready for the postseason. Even this past weekend he only played 20 snaps, and he basically made a play on half of those snaps. 

That was the plan last year too, but they got away from it quickly and he ended up getting injured by like Oct. IIRC. Acquiring Yanny and the coaches finally making use of Bowser has probably played a large part in them sticking with the philosophy this season.

• Like 1

Found this absolute gem of a tweet-

"He's spoken the most w/ Titans & Ravens"- Remember folks, the NFL is just one big Arms Race.

2 61 Tennessee Titans Kristian Fulton  CB LSU SEC  
  2 62 Green Bay Packers A. J. Dillon  RB Boston College ACC  
  2 63 Kansas City Chiefs Willie Gay  ILB Mississippi State SEC from San Francisco [R2 - 13]
  2 64 Carolina Panthers Jeremy Chinn  S Southern Illinois MVFC from Kansas City via Seattle [R2 - 14]
  3 65 Cincinnati Bengals Logan Wilson  ILB Wyoming MW  
  3 66 Washington Redskins Antonio Gibson  RB Memphis The American  
  3 67 Detroit Lions Julian Okwara  OLB Notre Dame Ind. (FBS)  
  3 68 New York Jets Ashtyn Davis  S California Pac-12 from N.Y. Giants [R3 - 1]
  3 69 Seattle Seahawks Damien Lewis  G LSU SEC from Carolina [R3 - 2]
  3 70 Miami Dolphins Brandon Jones  S Texas Big 12  
  3 71 Baltimore Ravens Justin Madubuike  DT Texas A&M SEC from L.A. Chargers via New England [R3 - 3]

End Result?-

Willy wonka and the chocolate factory gene wilder willy wonka GIF on GIFER  - by Beantrius

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Man it's beautiful to watch our DL/OLB's dominate their guys. Pernell McPhee, I mean you just can't hype that man up enough for the game he played last weekend.

I have no issues calling it an All-Time Great Ravens playoff performance. I mean the guy was a essentially a perfect player on the day and shut down the opposition's best weapon. McPhee just Pernelephant stomped the F out of the Titans 🤣.

I haven't been that proud of Ravens' front 7 player since Tony Siragusa picked up a minor role in The Sopranos. 🚫🧢

• Like 4

3 hours ago, DreamKid said:

I have no issues calling it an All-Time Great Ravens playoff performance. I mean the guy was a essentially a perfect player on the day and shut down the opposition's best weapon. McPhee just Pernelephant stomped the F out of the Titans 🤣.

I haven't been that proud of Ravens' front 7 player since Tony Siragusa picked up a minor role in The Sopranos. 🚫🧢

Bears fans yelling that they thought that was the guy they were getting in FA five years ago